Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

daytime sleep routine

my little boy is 17 weeks old and i have been thinking of going along to a baby/toddler group, they all seem to be at around 10 to 11.30 am, my problem is that my son wakes around 7.45 has his bottle then i have him in a routine of sleeeping 10 till 12 when i usually have to wake him for his feed, then he has a sleep in the afternoon 3-4, he fights his sleep if he is in the pushchair and is very miserable if he doesn,t get his sleep, any suggestions please & would like to hear about other moms routines, thanks.

Replies

• Options
    I am in a similar position! I have just found a baby massage class that is from 1-3, so I am going to pop along to that so I get out of the house and my DD gets to interact with other babies.
    My daughter doesn't always sleep in the morning, I have to go along with her body clock, but some days she can be cranky and just want cuddles, and I don't want to inflict her crankiness on others! xx
  • Options
    I started to take daniel when he was about 12 weeks old to our local ymca mums&tots (9.45-11.15am). He would normally sleep about 10-11am and have his bottle while we're there. He would normally fall alseep before the end but remember going to mums & tots is as much for you as it is for the kids. :\) Now at 16 months he still sleeps from about 10.30am - 11/11.30amish. but on friday's when we go he'll stay awake no problem playing with the toys etc but then fall alseep on the way home in his pram. I just make sure I put him to bed for his pm sleep a bit earlier on that day. :\)
    I wouldn't worry about your baby crying at a mum&tots, they have all been there before & when are you going to ever have a group of toddlers/babies together without at least one of them crying??? lol xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for reply wenders, i have been fretting about little one being upset & crying when we do go, but like you said in a group of toddlers & babies i suppose we won't be the only ones, thanks again x
  • Options
    Hi jain, thanks for reply, hope you don't mind me asking but how did you find a baby massage class to attend, i have been looking but can't find anything in , the health visitor arranged for someone to come to the house for two visits to show me how to massage my little one as he at times was quite fretfull, and me & little one enjoyed it, little one is so relaxed after massage, but i would love to go to agroup massage, i live in kitts green birmingham area, would appreciate if you do know of any in area thanks, as it would be nice to let little one mix with other babies x