Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity pay confusion!

Does anyone know the rules about getting pregnant while you're already on maternity leave? I'm still on paid leave at the moment but then get 6 months unpaid- I know this counts as continuous service but can I take more maternity leave and will I get paid without going back? Just wondering cos I'd rather not go back to work cos it's a lot of travelling and don't want to leave Lily while she's so young.

Replies

• Options
    Sorry can't help you I am afraid.
  • Options
    Sorry Lea, I know in my job you actually have to be there around 26 wks preg to get full mat pay. If you are on unpaid leave you may get something but I would check as it may be worth going bcak for a few months.
    I have just gone back (Tom 25wks old) but am 6 wks preg so only have to grin and bare 7 months before I leave again!!! I also chose to go back full time as differnce in mat pay over 9 months was going to be around ??2000.
  • Options
    Im not sure how it works but i think theres some kind of cut in the pay if u dont go back, id check the local website or talk to your employer
  • Options
    I have to go back to work for 12 weeks at least, or I have to pay back the half pay entitlement I was given.