Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

G/C Shettles method? (also in pregnancy)

Hi!
G/C from planning, DH and I are going to be ttc next year and while we will be thrilled with whatever we have we'd really like a little girl. Has anyone tried the Shettles method to try for a specific sex? More importantly did it work? Obviously we know it's not 100% but it would be nice to have the best chance.
Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Hello, I had 2 boys and when I was ttc no.3 I was desperate for a girl - I looked into this and other theories. I was tempted to try anything! But, tbh, I thought they were all too much trouble for something that is basically a 50-50 nchance anyway! I then got pg on the month we weren't even trying that hard (cos due date would be so close to xmas!) but we got our girl anyway!! (Born a week before xmas!)

We had a friend who also had 2 boys and got a girl for their no.3 using the shettles method - they got the book and swear by it, so make of that what you will. Myself, I am dubious - the whole theory is all a bit far fetched tbh. I could not be bothered doing all the charting required, but if you can, then go for it! It won't do you any harm.

Mx
  • Options
    Thanks Mims, I think we may be a bit more relaxed about the first one but I know that if it's a boy we'll be keen to try anything the second time round (we would like 3 eventually). We always refer to our first child by the girls name we've already chosen (Stella) so hopefully we won't end up with a gender-confused boy lol!!
  • Options
    Sorry I re-read my post this morning, and it sounded a bit negative, and I didn't mean it to!! Must have been the excesses of Christmas making me tired lol.

Good luck getting your baby girl!

XXXX
  • Options
    OH and I looked into it too - but we decided not to bother because we thought that if we tried for a specific sex, we would be disapointed if it wasn't what we wanted. IYSWIM?

I personally agree with Mimms though - I am dubious, and it is a lot of effort for a 50/50 chance.

xxx
  • Options
    It's true, it is annoying though because my side is mostly girls and DH's is mostly boys. Don't know how much that will influence things but I guess we'll see.