Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

o/t - f.a.o anyone who can help me with a fashion problem

I have a wedding reception to go to in july, it's going to be quite a stylish do' so i need to make an effort. I dress quite casually and don't own a dress but have just bought a monsoon dress off ebay but now i've got it im not sure so would like your opinions. i thought it was nice without being ott or making me feel uncomfortable in a dress. The other prob is its a bit big(size 12) so do i get it altered or swap it for a size 10 (the seller said it was fine to do this), im worried a 10 will be too small altho im slowly losing weight as i go to gym 3 times a week??? ideas please???

[Modified by: funkymonkey83 on 28 April 2009 13:12:26 ]
[imghttp://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/3227_85401329047_718189047_2459877_7896354_s.jpg]

[Modified by: funkymonkey83 on 28 April 2009 13:16:55 ]

Replies

• Options
    I think tha's a lovely dess... I'm a bit jelaous of it now lol!
  • Options
    Can't see the photo hun xx
  • Options
    I'm looking at that dress in turquoise on ebay at the moment - think it's lovely. A lot will depend on how you accessorise it as to whether it looks "the business" or not. A nice pair of heels and a little jacket or shrug will set it off nicely - and even a hat if you like!

As for the size - it's difficult to say. Only you know how much too big it is for you and how quickly the weight is coming off, For your own peace of mind, you may be better keeping the bigger one and getting it altered, then it doesn't matter if you don't lose any more weight between now and the wedding.
  • Options
    I love that dress but am a bit biased as my friend bought it last year. I know she's worn it a couple of times for a wedding and the races and has accessorised in white for one occasion and in red for the other. Both times she looked fab.
    As for the size, I agree with blueladybird. Keep the bigger one and have it altered nearer the time if need be xxx
  • Options
    hopefully you can see it now.xx
  • Options
    You just need to put a square bracket after where it says img before the link hun, should work then.
    It's hard to say about the size without seeing how big it is on, have you got a Monsoon near you? You could try on a similar style in a 10 and a 12 and maybe that would give you an idea how much difference there would be?
    xx
  • Options
    I hope you don't mind me posting it

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/3227_85401329047_718189047_2459877_7896354_s.jpg]

It is a gorgeous dress, not sure about the size, i think it is better to be slightly on the big side rather being tight and uncomfortable, you could always wear a nice belt of sash round the middle to take it in....or get it altered nearer the time.

• Options
    Sorry only just noticed that you posted the pic el-pinko, thankyou.xx I've actually sent it back as it was too big and have opted for a black pencil skirt that flares out at the bottom and a cream, black & sparkly strappy top - have just ordered loads of shoes to try with it, i'll post some pics when i get them to get your opinions if thats okay?xx