Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help - Storing Baby Water and Food

Hi
I am thinking of starting Matthew on solids and water soon. Please can anyone help with the following basic qs (funnily enough the books never seem to cover the basic stuff!)
Q How long can i store cooled boiled water for him to drink - eg do some in the morning , put it in a bottle and then pour out cups for him during the day? Also, how long does it have to have cooled for?
Q If i make some baby food one day can i save some in the fridge and give it the next day? (I get the freezing bit, but don't know what to do if it's not frozen).
Q What's the best way to heat home-made baby food other than a microwave?
Q Can i heat up food that i've made then frozen if i haven't had time to defrost it?

Sorry to seem so useless. I'm rubbish at cooking for me and OH, so it naturally follows that i'll be rubbish for Matthew too, poor boy!
Thanks ladies image

Replies

• Options
    hiya im HV has just left and she give me a name of a book which has everything you need to know about storing food, which food is best and how to make it, its called annabel karmel, feeding your baby and toddler its supose to be really good and its for feeding up to 7 years old x
  • Options
    i was given the annabel karmel book as a present. its fantastic. i use it every day. someone told me you can buy it on ebay quite cheap. tells you everything you need to know.
  • Options
    I keep water in bottles for 12 hours, cool enough to drink in about 30 mins I think, I keep cooked mush for 2 days in the fridge and if frozen I have defrosted and warmed in jug of water. Hope that helps !!!!
  • Options
    dont keep mush thats been defrosted more than 24hrs in fridge. i've recently started weaning jack, hv said he doesnt need extra water if i am still bf (i am). i make my own mush then freeze. defrost carefully in microwave. hope this helps...xx