Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

thermometers

Can anyone recommend a good one to get? Was thinking about an ear one, would this be easier for a baby?

Replies

• Options
    If your going to buy an ear thermometer, I would recommend the braun one, it's pricey at nearly 40quid but so much better and accurate than some of the others.... I started off with the calpol thermometer but it was too big for my LO ear and was reading a low temperature when in fact he did have a temperature. I took it back and swaped it, it was well worth the extra money!!
  • Options
    I've got an ear one too. so much easier than a mouth or underarm one and much quicker to read temp.Mine is a lloyds pharmacy one by nurofen and I use it on all the family.
  • Options
    I have the Tomme Tippie one that scans the head, it can also be used to read bottle temp and room temp.
    I find it good as my LO fidgets alot and I would struggle to get the ear one in.
  • Options
    do you have to hold the scan one on the head or just move it quickly over? I like the look of it but wonder how accurate it can be?
  • Options
    It says that it is very accurate not sure if it is as accurate as all others - you do a small circle over the temple just hovering above and it beeps when it has a reading - it also beeps if the temp is too high.
  • Options
    Just wanted to update - went to the doctors today as my poor little girl has a virus, i took her temp before we went and it was fine, the doc took it and she had a slight temp so the scan thermometer is not as accurate as it says, it is at least 1 degree out, which is a fair bit when you are saying that 37 is a temp and 39 is serious, i'm not happy so will be getting a new one.