Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scary stuff!

I am going back to college! Two days a week doing an access to HE diploma with the intention of eventually doing teaching! Had the interview today and to be honest I am totally bricking it even though I have always done really well academically. It also means that Jake will be going to the onsite Creche for 2 days a week. Best of it is cos Im only 19 his childcare will be free through care to learn! I wasnt expecting that!

So will need to wean myself of BE in order to get college work done! ahh!

Replies

• Options
    well done, hopefully jake will love it at nursery, at least getting it paid for must be one worry of your mind
    xx
  • Options
    There is actually loads of help for people who want to get more qualifications. I didnt have to pay course fees either. If anyone is a SAHM and would want to do a part time course a couple of days then it is very do able! There are so many grants etc out there! xx
  • Options
    Nope, if you get Jobseekers, housing benefit, working tax credits with income under 15k or income support, basically any means tested benefit the courses are free.

RE Childcare most colleges have a learnign fund where your personal circumstances count in free childcare. As a single mum i reckon you would get everything 2Aries. What would you want to do? x