Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

night time !

Throwing all my problems at you all now!! My lo has been going to bed now at 7.30 8 pm ish for about 4 wks. I give her a dream feed at 10.30 she has slept thru a couple of times but often stirs at 3-4am and takes a 6 oz bottle she goes straight back to sleep but then wakes again at 5ish not fully but fidgets and moans. This for me is far too early to get up. I tend to put her in bed with me and she sleeps thru to 8 - 9 am! Iam paranoid about setting bad habits but you know what its like when you need sleep! My HV says she is too young to get bad habits but when should worry that she will get into the habit of coming into my bed? It is not every night just some x:\?

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about setting bad habits if its not every day but what happens if you leave her when she starts moaning?
  • Options
    My lo was the same. He would happily go down at 7pm I'd wake him until he was about 7-8 wks he'd wake for a dream feed but now I have to wake him. He'd go back into his cot unitl 1amish and then only sleep if he was on me on his tummy!!
    Now he is better. I put him in his own room a week ago (at 14 wks) now he sleeps better. I wake him usually for his dream feed when I go to bed ( between 11 and 1) he then generally wakes at 4am for a feed and goes back down til 8am (I then bring him to bed with me for a feed and often we both doze for another hour.
    Last night I woke him at 1.30 (i fell asleep on sofa!!) and he had fed at 17.30 then only an ounce of breastmilk at 19.30 (was at my mum's and wanted her to try and get him to take a bottle as he won't take from me or my dh) He slept through til I woke him at 01.30 but then at 5.30 and 8am! Am hoping he'll stop waking in the night soon as he's 15 weeks and mum says he should be sleeping through by now.

He does however stay in his cot now during the night and I think it was cos I was disturbing him by moving that he woke so often.
  • Options
    My ds woke up and did the fidgety thing at 5.30 this morning as well, was singing and gurgling away happily but hope he doesn't make a habit of it - mummy doesn't do mornings!
  • Options
    how old is she? dont worry about bad habbits now. i reckon you should only worry if shes still in your bed at 13 like my cousin! hahaha
  • Options
    my little lad tyler does the same thing and he settles better when he is in our bed.and will sleep till about 9.He is 7 weeks 2moro x i wouldnt worry about it x