Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What would you do? UPDATED

2»

Replies

• Options
    thanks for your support, makes me realise what Im entitled to as a mum, esp as Im new to all of this lol,

It was only after that I saw the sign its ok to b/f in here. so wish I had done what you suggested Tiger lily

PTB - good suggestion bout making a complaint, as Im going back there today for a baby group so think I will say something.

• Options
    Definitely say something I CANNOT believe this happened in a children's centre that were set up by the gov to provide the best start in life for ALL children!!! Imagine if someone bottle feeding had been asked to use a seperate room image GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - wish I had never advised you to wake your lo and go :lol: ! Next time just don't ask and if you lo needs feeding then just feed!

Well done you for sticking to your guns and I hope you have a better experience today! image
  • Options
    I am also appalled that they took that attitude! So, 'it's ok to be a parent' but it's not ok to feed your baby??

I hope you have a much better experience today, all of the baby groups I've been to have been very welcoming and it's fine to feed whenever and by whatever method- no judgement or awkwardness. You should definitely have a word with the staff about how you were made to feel.
  • Options
    God i can't believe you were treated that way!! I just don't get it, boobs are eveerywhere, newspapers, TV, just walking down the street every other teenager has them falling out of a low cut top, but people get offended seeing them being used for the purpose for which we have them?? Its madness, especially as you were at a parenting course, i'd have thought they'd be encouraging you to BF!
    Please dont let it put you off going to places, that kind of reaction is not as common as you'd think. I remember feeding my lo on a bench at my local shopping centre, and a lady came and sat next to me, was stroking his head, telling me how beautiful he was, and she didnt even realise i was BFing!! As the others have said, you gain confidence as you go along. And there are lots of things on the market now that you can buy if you want to be discreet, pashminas etc. xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    OMG this is SHOCKING! How dare she send you off to another room to bf your baby! I always bf when i'm out and about and i NEVER ask if it's ok to feed Molly, it is your right to bf. This has really made my blood boil!!!!

I personally would look for a mother and toddler/baby group to join, x
  • Options
    I had such a better day at the baby group I went today. It was at the same place and the Centre woman I saw yesterday came up and spoke to me so I explained my grievances to her and she told me not to let that put me off going back - eh too late - decision made!. The group I went to today was for 0-12mth musical signing and it was lovely to see all the other babies around Skye's age. There was another woman there who bf her baby, so when Skye cried, I just fed her there without hesitation. Today was such a better experience.
  • Options
    Glad you had a better experience today, but am still surprised that they havent said anything to the other woman... especially as its in a childrens centre...

at least there is one nice group for you to go to though image
    xxx
  • Options
    very glad it was a better group today and you could just feed where you were!