Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Bridesmaid

Hi people, this is my first post so try not to be too hard on me. My little girl was born in september and was my parents forst grandchild and my sisters first niece. My eldest sister is getting married in july and has made it perfectly clear that she doesn't want my baby involved in her wedding at all even thought she will be nearly 10 months at this point.
I can't help but feel a little hurt as she has got her partners nieces as bridesmaids as well as both her god-daughters. Do you think i'm just being a little over-sensitive. Just because eden is the most precious thing to me i shouldn't expect everyone else to feel the same way?

Replies

• Options
    Hi I can understand where you are coming from we were in a similar situation with a family wedding, but to be honest I was glad my girls werent bridesmaids especially my youngest as when the wedding happens she will be 7 months old my eldest will be 2, I have been to weddings where there have been baby bridesmaids and its hard work for any other bridesmaids and for the bride especially if the baby starts crying or something at the alter, I wouldnt take it to heart your sister is prob nervous about her big day etc and will just want things to run smoothly.

Hope this makes sense Good luck xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    hi... welcome to the forum..xx.. I wouldn't worry about it.. I agree with what lou said. 10 months old is still very young, how old are the other bridesmaids? how would it work? would one of the other bridesmaids carry her down the alise? I don't think your sister has maybe handled it with you right but tbh organising a wedding is a nightmare!!!! so if you haven't mentioned it then I wouldn't say anything.. she could still wear a very gorgous pretty dress that 'matches' the clour scheme though & I'm sure lots of people will coo over her and make a lot of fuss without worrying about having to help out with your sister on the day, iykwim?? take care xx :\)
  • Options
    hi,although its going to be my wedding so slightly different circumstances,i'm having my daughter as bridemaid who'll be 7 1/2 months by then,my mum is going to look after her so it doesn't fall onto the other bridemaids,she'll still be carried down aisle with them then go to my mum and will be in all pics with bridesmaids.but don't take it to heart i'm sure your sister doesn't mean to have offended you.xXx
  • Options
    hi, im getting married in may 08 so baby will be about 13 months by then. Ive got a 13 month old at the moment and am starting to think involving the new baby might not be a good idea! It would be nice for my little lad (if the scan was right) to walk me down the aisle and carry the rings cos my dad died a few years ago. but there's no guarantee he'll walk early like my girls did- i cant really carry him down myself!
    Just try to understand where your sister is coming from. im sure she loves your little girl but is just trying to minimise stress for everyone on the day. she'll probably be asked to be a bridesmaid lots of times for other people when she's a bit bigger x
  • Options
    Hi, i am obsessed with weddings so i think not wanting your baby girl involved is terrible! I would be so hurt and upset if someone didnt want my baby in their wedding. but as sarah sais she will more than likely get to bridesmaid when she is little bit older! x x sophia
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for your kind words. It helps to hear other peoples view points. I'm going to be bridesmaid as well you see and my baby is very much a mummys girl and can be quite clingy in strange places. I was just concerned that if someone else had to carry her in she would not be a happy bunny whereas if i could just carry her down the aisle with me then pass her on to her daddy it would make it easier and then also he could take her out if she starts to cause a fuss.
    To be honest my sister is being a bit of a bridezilla about this wedding and not even wanting to involve my mum in a lot of the arrangements!!
  • Options
    At the end of the day it is her wedding... if you're only going to holding her down the aisle then I wouldn't bother making a fuss over it... she might change her mind nearer to the time?? if she's being very particular about the things she wants & is wanting to do everything herself then she'll be stressed by it all.. I'm going to assume she'll dislike & resent being told that she HAS to have her niece as bridesmaid... so I'd just leave it. are you married? if you are married then what did you do for your wedding? was she your bridesmaid and did she have any children? hope you get it sorted... xxx
  • Options
    Hi there just been reading the posts about your sister's wedding. My sister in law is getting married on the 18th May (I'm due 30th April) it's very possible that i may just have a week old baby but he/she will be giving her a horseshoe after the ceremony for good luck. could this be an option for you? your baby would still be part of the day but not actually a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    Hi My sister is getting married in aug 2008 so that my daughter can be a bridesmaid. By then my daughter will be about 22 months old and hopefully will be walking.. Her husband to be has a nephew who is a few days younger than my daughter and he will be a paige boy...
    As soon as my sister and her fiance saw my daughter after she was born they went home and he proposed. My sister rang my mum and asked her when she would be able to walk properly as she wanted her as a bridesmaid....

Clare
  • Options
    Hi, sounds like you haev got a really good relationship with your sister, since my sister moved up north she seems to have been pushing my family away more and more. my middle sister was there just after i had eden and the thing is she is so special to the rest of my family because i nearly lost her and ended up having an emergency caesarean after hours of pushing!
    I'm not going to let this ruin my sister's big day, i'm not that selfish wenders!
  • Options
    that's cool hon! :\) it's just I know from experience that wedding's do funny things to people, it's a funny old world! I hope your sister does change her mind in the end.. :/) x