Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Episiotomy Problems

Hi

I gave birth to my Daughter back in May and had to have an episiotomy and ventouse delivery as she was back to back. Trouble is, I am still in terrible pain down there whenever me & DH have sex and it stings for a day or so afterwards.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do you have any advice?

Sam

Replies

• Options
    hi sam,
    i work on a labour ward and i am thinking that maybe you were stitched differently, what i mean is sometimes they can stitch it slighty wrong or just slightly different to how you was before. dont panic tho, go to your gp and tell him its really uncomfortable and sex is so painful. you mite get referred to a gynae consultant who can re-stitch you.
    its really common and if it carries on, see your doctor. goodluck sassie.xx
  • Options
    Hi Sam, i had exactly the same as you...back to back labour, episiotomy and ventouse delivery. I am completely healed and have no problems after we've had sex so i would suggest do what sassie says and go to your gp to get checked out hun. x
  • Options
    I was referred to physio after the birth I had, she said that to de-sensities the wound you needed to put your thumb inside your vagina using KY jelly if necessary and massage the area where you was cut. She said that this would also stretch your vagina, also she said to apply reasonable pressure when masaging. Hope this might help you..... Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I am seeing my GP tomorrow morning, so see what she says.

DH is getting really fed up as I am not keen on having sex anymore because of how much it hurts. He's been very good about it all though bless him.
  • Options
    i had episiotomy & ventouse too, it hurt to have sex for several months afterwards, but not quite as much as you describe. good idea to talk to gp. otherwise, plenty of KY & a few glasses of wine beforehand should help with the pain (& the sex lol). glad to say its now 18 months since the birth & am back to normal again. xx