Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what bottles??

i have used avent bottles i dont think the bottles count towards colic i think it is just something most babies get as they need to get used to food.my boy is 4months now and doing fine x

Replies

• Options
    Hello Ladies, just wondered if anyone can help me what bottles to buy. Went to John Lewis yesterday for advice and after a 30 minute lecture - I'm none the wiser. There are so many to choose from and just wondered if anyone can recommend any in particular. Thanks Claire x
  • Options
    When lo was first born I had a complete set of Avent plus a steam steriser which was fine UNTIL.. lo started to get colic!!!!

I then spent another 40 quid on a set of 8 Dr Brown anti colic bottles which have been a life saver. I sterilise them in the Avent steamer, so not a complete waste of money buying the Avent set but in future I will go straight to the Dr Browns.

I have yet to meet anyone who didn't love the Dr Browns when their lo's got colic.

• Options
    i use avent coz i was given one with loads of teats and then the steriliser too, so i didn't have to go through a half hour lecture! poor thing!
  • Options
    Hi Claire, I would deffo agree with Beebee about the Dr Browns, we spent a fortune on Tommee Tippee and Avent bottles, then decided to try the Dr Browns bottles and they're great, although I do find if not held right they leak but now I've mastered the art of holding them properly they're great.

Sammi and Harrison
    xx
  • Options
    I was perfectly happy with the avent and older style tommee tippee bottles (with the nuby teats). My son got colic, but didn't find the dr browns much different to the avent to be honest, I just had to use infacol and gripe water. And the dr browns are a pain to wash and leaked loads for me personally.
  • Options
    im so skint ive got asda bottles 2 for ??1.97

cheap but they work image
  • Options
    i have tommee tippee closer to nature bottles in 150ml and 260 ml size, they have anti colic valves, and the bigger ones are designed to take the in bottle powder dispenser, 1.99 for 3 from mothercare, i have yet to try these out though as have been using ready made milk!! expensive but so much easier whne you are knackered!! the tommee tippee steriliser come with 3 x 260 ml bottles free, in both micro and electric versions i got micro as it was cheaper and easier to store( keep it in microwave) Em & Noah xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies, the john lewis lecturer told me not to bother with the closer to nature ones if I wasn't going to breastfeed and bottle feed. So i'll definately consider the dr browns - thanks!!
  • Options
    I bought the closer to nature ones as my lo refused to take avent after being boob fed and they are fab. only prob is that they are big!
  • Options
    i spent a fortune on 6 tommee tippee ones and little monkey wont take them!! he just chews them and spits the milk out. so i bought a dr browns and he did actually take that so i would recommend them.
  • Options
    I would go with Dr Brown i have used them since i started with the bottle feeding as my lo had colic and i have found they r great
  • Options
    I've got avent and have never had a problem with colic as they have the anti colic valve on the teat so all the bubbles remain in the bottle rather than baba swallowing them thus creating excess wind. x
  • Options
    My daughter got a of bit colic using the Avent bottles so we switched to MAM which have been great. The only downside is you can't buy the teats from the supermarkets like you can the Avent ones.
  • Options
    I was using tommy tippee anti colic bottles, but have bought dr.brown bottles from boots now which are pretty much the same as the tommy tippee colic bottles x x x
  • Options
    i use the Avent bottles,my LO started with colic so tried the Dr Brown ones and they didnt make any difference and they leaked which was very anoying,so ive stuck with the Avent bottles