Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breast feeding and reflux

Hi, this is a question to anyone who has had a baby with reflux while breastfeeding.

I am exclusively breastfeeding my 7 week old and i'm wondering if anyone has had any improvement with reflux by switching to a thickened formula specially designed for reflux babies.

I am happy with breastfeeding but i'm getting very tired of cleaning up vomit ever day, sometimes Paige vomits up to 10 times between feeds. I also am not really keen on the whole bottle washing, sterilising, making up formula, heating bottles etc etc etc. (i am lazy, lol).

If anyone has any input it would be gratefully received, thanks.

Shell

Replies

• Options
    hi my baby had reflux whilst i was breast feeding i switched to formula and it made it all worse go to the docs and ask for some baby gaviscon and see how you get on, i know what you mean about all the washing fin is 24 weeks and still really bad!!!
  • Options
    Hi Shell,
    You may remember me saying Gracie's sick a lot too? I've started trying her on Cow & Gate Comfort as`suggested by hv (was giving her 2-3 bottles of stage 1 already). So far she's calmed down and def not as sick as with stage 1 or boob. I'm hoping this continues and will put her fully on comfort if it does. I'm sick of sick!
    I'd give it a go if you've got the bottles etc, it may not work for Paige...good luck!
    Ali & Gracie xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, i guess that it's very individual to the baby whether they are better off with formula or breast milk. I think that the worst thing would be if i switched to formula and it didn't resolve the problem and then couldn't switch back again.

I've already got a cupboard full of bottles and teats as Paige is my 3rd baby, and i'm very tempted to try but i think i'll wait until i've seen doc for her 8 week checkup to see if he has any miracle cures, lol.

Shell & Paige
  • Options
    Shell,
    I'm off to the docs this aft with Gracie as she's been sick loads this morning and had a really unsettled night with wind and tum pains. Think it's reflux and if it is will see if the Gaviscon works. Hoping that's the miracle cure as feel so sorry for her.
    She did the biggest spilled out poo today too so it's coming from all angles, poor mite!