Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nightmare bathtime.

what has happened???? she used to love having a bath, she would splash and even go on her front and kick her legs like at the baths!! but now she just screams from the minute she gets in the bathroom. we just tried her now she cried going in, i took her back in her room and she stopped!!! i even got my kit off and got in with her, no good. she has this week developed a rash on her chest/stomach which looks a little like ezecma and we wonder if she might be allergic to her bath wash stuff even though weve been using it for a couple of months now??? do you think i could start giving her a bath during day to see if shes a bit calmer??? please help!

Replies

• Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm - has she had a scare or something? was the water maybe too hot or too cold at some point!

try bathing her in the morning for a change - maybe she is overtired, i know my lo screams after his bath sometimes just because he is shattered!
  • Options
    You could try bathing at a different time of day or try bathing in a tub in another room incase it is something in the bathroom that is upsetting her.
    Could the water be hurting the rash on her tummy? if it is sore and there is wash stuff in the water it might sting
  • Options
    Hi,

I'd recommend seeing your GP as your lo might be reacting to the bath temparature because of a skin condition so contact with water might be irratating, if the skin is sore, especially if she reacts the same way during the day too.

My lo was against bathing at first, but now he loves it. I

f it isn't a skin condition, it might be due to being scalded, you must always check the bath temperature, and I recommend using your elbow, as it is more sensitive to the bath water temparature than your hands.

I would also try giving your baby some floating toys, (we got ours from Blooming Marvellous) which could be thrown into the bath beforehand, so your lo might be happier about getting into it.

Good Luck with this...:\)

[Modified by: 1stTimeDad on November 24, 2007 10:45 PM]
  • Options
    been to doc's this morning. she has ezcema, which explains the rash. so he has given us some special bath stuff. as for being frightened of the bath, he said it might be cos it was stinging. we possibly think its the shower curtain. the other night when oh did her bath(rare) he moved the shower curtain and the noise made her cry. we are gonna try taking it down tonight.