Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Family Tax Credit

Hi

Can anyone advise me re this? I have completed the forms and got a reply saying to let them know if my pay goes up - I had to use our income from 2005 - 2006 on my form. My wage goes up every April with a cost of living rise so do I need to let them know the new figures for April 2006 - 2007 straight away? It doesnt say anything about letting them know if your wages go down and mine will considerably as I am having the full 12 months off but will only get paid for 6 and will be part time when I go back next Jan. Will they take this into consideration now as money will be very tight when my wages stop or will I have to wait till next April? Sorry to ramble but I am ever so confused! Thanks for any help .... Jo x

Replies

• Options
    yes let them know straight away... they wont tell you this as this means you get more benifit, typical! anyway, let them know your new incomes from 2006-2007. we have done this
    also, this is a more complicated bit, when you get on the phone with them ask them about what you include in your maternity pay, sometimes you dont count a certain amount in to what you earn as the government pays a bit and your work place contributes a bit so you dont count one of amounts in.... sorry i cant explain it clearer its very confusing.... just ask them and see if they give you some help.
    hope i helped:\?
  • Options
    Just give them a call. They will tell you what to do.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, I will give em a call tomorrow x