Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 week check

Hi, I just wondered what the doctor does during the 6 week check up? Do they check me as well? Ta for your help. Charlotte :\?

Replies

• Options
    Hello

At mine they seemed to do alot more checks for my baby than me. The check all ur baby's movements and how strong their head is, they also check the weight, length and head circu. The should listen to ur baby's breathing and heat rate. In terms of me they checked my blood pressure and asked how i was feeling. I think they should have done more. I had to have stitches but they didnt check them at the 6 week check and i think they should have done. If u have had stitches ask them to check them just incase they dont know or forget. Hope that helps xxx
  • Options
    Where I live the baby gets a 6-8 wk check and is given 1st imms at the same visit. Mums have to make a seperate appt with gp for her 6wk check to ensure all ok and usually to get contraception sorted if necessary. I didn't bother with mine as I felt fine and went to family planning clinic instead!
  • Options
    I was told i don't need a check up if i was feeling ok. i didn't have any stiches or anything for them to check either so i didn't get checked out. my lo didn't get his 6 week check till he was 12 weeks!!!!!! they are really running behind around here. I don't need contraception, oh gone off sex - arghgh! i thought that was meant to be me!!!!
  • Options
    had 6wk check at 9wks! baby was checked over and doc just asked if i was feeling ok, discussed contraception then told me if i wanted any i would have 2 see another doc as he dont perscribe contraceptives. wonder why he was doing the postnatal checks and how many new mums may be preggers again coz they didnt wanna wait 15yrs for another app! lol
  • Options
    Just had mine and realised that my smear was due. Damn! Great distraction having a baby on your chest though.