Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Play pens?

Hi - I have a quick, and probably stupid, question for all the Mummies. I'm due end of Mar, and doing a bit of forward thinking. I've got a moses basket for baby, with two stands, one up stairs, and one downstairs, so I can move her about depending on where I am during the day/night. When she outgrows the moses basket, she'll be sleeping in the cotbed upstairs at night...however, what/where do I put her when she's awake and/or I'm downstairs???

Is there such a thing as a mini cot which you can have in your living room? Or do you get a play pen and put them in that - but surely thats far too big if they're a big baby and outgrow the moses by 6wks or something? I've got a baby carrier, but I dont want her strapped to me all day, especially as I've got severe sciatica from pg just now, and want to give my back time to heal i.e. without the weight of a baby, as much as possible.

Baby's really should come with instruction manuals!!

Thanks for any advice girls...and I look forward to moving over here in 8wks - eek!!

Lulee
31+5
xx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! My lo didn't grow out of his basket until he was around 3months so you may be happy to put baby upstairs with a monitor on. If not, you can buy travel pods from boots-they're like a little pop up cot-smaller than a travel cot xx
  • Options
    Ooh, that sounds good - I want something to put her in safely on the floor, but dont want to plonk her in a bouncer all day. Off to Boots.com to have a nosy - thanks pbob! x
  • Options
    ds didn't outgrow his moses until he was 14weeks, and even then that wasnt' down tohis size, it was purely cos he was rolling and didn't want it to tip over. unless u have pets, u can always put baby on a play mat/gym for awake times, bouncy chair, swing, or u can a get a normal travel cot/playpen and place baby in that during the day down stairs to play and/or nap in

like this

http://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Sleeptight-Travel-Cot/002654521,default,pd.html

hth xx
  • Options
    My little one is 31 days old and she has outgrown her crib (she likes to sleep with her arms by her ears!) we have a travel cot downstairs. She sleeps in that during the day. Plus we have a dog so it keeps the two of them seperate.

I am sure mothercare do them for about 50 pounds. Plus when you LO is older he/she can play in it whilst you get on with stuff

HTH

Joanna