Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newborn Breast Lumps

Hi...

Is it normal for babies to have lumps under their breasts?!

Im sure i have read something about it somewhere so i am not panicking just yet but my baby girl is 9 days old and gradually over the last few days she has developed lumps under her breasts about the size of a marble.. anyone have any idea why/what it could be?!

Thanks

Michelle & Phoebe 9 days..

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the reassurance, I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow as I'll be day ten so due to be discharged from m/w care.. So I'll mention it then..

I was just a bit worried because I myself suffer from hormonal breast lumps so I was worried I might have passed it on to her somehow! X
  • Options
    Hi
    My best friends LO had this too, they got quite big, like small boiled eggs, and she was told that it was all to do with hormones and they would go away which they did.
    Congratulations on your baby girl, Phoebe is a beautiful name x
  • Options
    My little girl had this. Just hormones. She also had a little period.
    Bless her!
  • Options
    They're breast cysts, totally normal, will be gone soon. Congrats on your LO!
  • Options
    My lo even produced a little but of milk, was quite shocked, but they went soon enough.

Congrats on your little girl
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, hopefully nothing to worry about then..x
  • Options
    my phoebe had this to hun as well as a baby period my midwife also said it was hormones and now at 2 weeks pheobe's lumps have almost totally gone x
  • Options
    Its normal hun. My niece had swollen breasts and even had a little 'period' HV said i was all normal & just down to hormones. xxxx
  • Options
    I posted the exact same thing when my little girl was about the same age! She is 9 weeks now and they probably only disappreared completely a couple of weeks ago x
  • Options

My little girl is just 11 days old and I was giving her a bath about 10 minuets ago and discovered these lumps....I WAS TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!! Thanx for the insight ladies it definitely helped put my mind at ease (a little) have a doc appt. tuesday image