Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hungry Baby

Hi Ladies, my lo is 6 weeks old and seems to be constantly hungry. He varies from day to day between 1 half to 4 hours between feeds but will take anything up to 35oz in 24hrs. He is yet to wake up just because he has had enough sleep and always wakes up starving and takes his bottle like hes never been fed!!
Also at night he seems to eat constantly until about 11pm (last nite he had 14oz between 6pm -11pm) then sleeps for 3 or 4 hours but will wake every couple of hours for the rest of the nite.
Has anyone else experianced this. Any advice/suggestions welcomed!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Gem, i also have a hungry baby, sometimes finishing a 5oz bottle and straight away screaming for more. Ive recently moved to using SMA white for hungrier babies and i have seen a slight improvement with him not wanting to feed quite as much and settling better at nighttime...have u tried lo one a hungrier milk?

Jayden is exactly the same when he wakes, he screams the place down as if he has never been fed. one minute he can be fast asleep and then next screaming for food.

Like ivana said they do go through growth spurts, however i dont think this is jaydens problem as hes been like this near enough from day one lol. I try to leave it atleast 2-2 1/2 hours between feeds but if hes screaming before hand then i will feed him (in the end of the day remember they wouldnt be screaming for food unless they needed it!) I hope things settle for you soon gem but u may just have a little guzzler like me image In the end of the day id rather him be like this then refusing his feeds! xx
  • Options
    I've got a hungry baby too and Ivan I agree with giving water in between feeds - it helps with thier bowels too as well as pacifying them for a wee while.

Gem I wouldnt worry, my lo is only 3.5 wks old and takes between 5 and 7 5oz bottles every 24 hours and is always hungry. He also gets offered water in between feeds.
    xxx
  • Options
    I try to give jayden 2oz of water a day. The first few weeks he was taking it fine and now he just dont want to know. He will take the bottle thinking its milk then spit it out when he realises its water...funny but not lol
  • Options
    we put lewis on cow&gate stage 2 for hungrier babies at 2 weeks and that defiantly helped him, he went from every 2 hours to very 4 but still had to start weaning him at 11 weeks and he did get better after that x
  • Options
    gem my babies the same - its normal. it can range from 4oz-8oz every 4 hours which is healthy. mines on 6oz every 4 hours, thats 36oz a day! xx sometimes more!