Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity care

It's on the news now that the government have just worked out that the funding for maternity is not enough because of the amount of migrant mothers.
In Slough every other baby is born to a women who was born in another country.
In some places thay run special maternity clinics for polish mums.
What is going on? It's no wonder they are raising prices on things like formula we are subsidising (sp) people who have never paid into the system and then missing out on the care for ourselves.
I am not blaming the migrants, it's down to our crappy government letting anyone in and then handing out the benefits.

Sorry I get so annoyed as we can hardly claim anything and have to manage and then i see someone who cannot speak english strolling around with 2 or 3 children and claiming everything they can, as i said not really there fault if someone said to me move to this country and they will give you a house and some money i would go.

Hope i haven't offended anyone, it's the government that i am f****d off with.

Sorry rant over

Replies

• Options
    Why do you assume they've never paid into the system? And why do you assume they're all on benefits and "claiming everything they can"? Have you spoken to any of these women? I'm sure most aren't arriving on British soil and having babies right away. Many of them have probably had jobs and paid taxes. And I'm not sure how the price of formula can be blamed on immigrants. You'd think that if more people were buying formula the price would go down. I agree that they system is flawed, but I don't think rash generalizations about all immigrants is necessary.