Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BOTTLES IN ADVANCE

hello

just wondering what ur view is on making up bottles in advance. I am currently feedin my baby cow and gate comfort as she has bad wind and i am finding it helping that but u have to add the powder to very hot water. in the night the process takes to long that i have started to made up the night feeds in the evening and store them in the fridge. I rang up cow and gate and they said that they r not allowed to advise me to do this or recommend it.
What do u think or do?

thank u

karla and Aimee (7 weeks and 2 days)

Replies

• Options
    I always used to make up daniel's feeds, as long as you use then within 24 hours its ok.. xx
  • Options
    Thats great thank you makes me feel better knowing that someone else is doing it too. x
  • Options
    i put the water in the bottles and add the milk when wee man is due fed, always made up dd feeds in advance and she turned out fine.
  • Options
    Don't know if this would work (I have zero experience of bottle feeding) but could you dissolve the milk in half the quantity of boiling hot water and then add cold and mix together? Probably a stupid idea but just thought it might be worth a shot.
  • Options
    I have always made up feeds up to 24hrs in advance and never had a problem.
  • Options
    I have always made up his feeds in advance & my little man is ok.
  • Options
    thanks 4 all ur replys i am going to make them up in advance its so much easier especially at night.
  • Options
    you can make bottles up in advance but you should add the formula while the water is boiling, not after it's cooled, this is because there is a risk of the formula being contaminated - either during the final stage of processing or simply because once you've opened the can of formula powder it is no longer sterile. As to adding cold water - is the cold water sterile? if not then don't! better to warm the bottle in a jub or, if that really takes too long, make the bottles up less an ounce of water and add freshly boiled water to warm it up.
  • Options
    I make up feeds for the next day, before i go to bed, then its one less task for the morning. as long as they are used within 24hrs then theres no problem.