Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Race for Life

Hello ladies.

I hope that you dont mind me posting this on here. I'm concious that its mothers day and that the news today has been desperately sad.

My daughter, who is only 12 has decided to run the Race for Life in June this year. This was her own choice and not in anyway influenced by me. I couldnt have been more shocked when she said she wanted to run. It was prompted as we sadly lost two members of our family to cancer in the last 2 years. Also, from my Grandad, to my Dad, to my best friend at school (aged 11 and again at 16) I know 8 people who have suffered from and sadly in some cases died from cancer just within the last 15 years. They are nearly all family members other than my friend, if I were to include more distant friends etc the number would be much higher.

I know I'm not alone in having been affected by this disease and am so so proud of Lauren for having made this choice on her own to raise as much money as possible to go someway to fighting it.

I know its difficult times but whether you can manage 50p or ??5 everything will count. You can see her sponsership page and personal message at: www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/laurenmatthewsxxx

Donna

xxxx