Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

good farms in surrey?

We went to Deen city farm yesterday in merton and its rather small & boring! I remember going to Godstone farm when I was small and remember that being fun, Does N E 1 know of any good ones in Surrey, where you can help feed, pet small animals ect? Thanku xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to gate crash but i live in surrey and there are a few good ones near where i live not sure where u r in surrey thou?!

Theres Brockets Farm in Dorking which is lovely you can feed all the animals and they have a petting area as well lots of playrounds bits as well. They also do pony rides and pig races and tractor rides too.

There's another farm near chessington (can't remember the name) that is EXCELLENT loads to do and animals to see you can even go into the enclosures with the animals.

There are a few more but it depends where u are. xxxxxxx
  • Options
    I am in sutton/merton area, but eoin loves car journeys so its ok if its a bit far out! Thank you for the tips, will check them out... and buy LO some wellies too!!!
  • Options
    Hi.
    I used to live in Bookham and Bocketts farm is good but smaller than some, more like a half day trip rather than a full day.
    The one near Chessington is Horton Park Farm and is good. They have a big indoor play barn for the kids too.
    Tulleys Farm in crawley is great, especially as the kids get older. They do a "shockfest" for halloween that is actually really scary, we're taking the eldest tommorrow but the prices have gone up a lot. Not sure what its like during the day (dont actaully know i they have a petting zoo etc), they have a Maize maze and fun park just up the road too which is really good.
    i went to Godstone farm as a kid and remember it being really good but havent been for years now.
    xx
  • Options
    Godstone farm is still ok, they've greatly developed the playground areas which the children I have taken have loved more than seeing the animals - which is a shame tbh.

There is also ladyland farm - great for school trips - I think they do also open up to the public. On school trips it is very 'hands on'. This is between reigate and horley.
  • Options
    just googled ladyland farm - open to public during school hols
    http://www.ladylandfarm.com/holid2.html

is definately worth a visit! and very close to me!