Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby always passing wind

I have found any hauck products I have used to be of poor quality and would never recommend them to anyone.

Replies

• Options
    Hi I'm new on here. My lo is always passing wind so much that it wakes her up. She always cries afterwards. She is bottle fed on Aptamil. My HV yesterday suggested changing her formula as it has prebiotics in and this may cause her wind. Any other suggestions. Also any recommendations on what formula to try next. She is 10 weeks old.
  • Options
    Zara is 5 1/2 weeks & I have her on cow & gate plus & havent had any problems with her on it. It has added pre biotics too though

Hilary x
  • Options
    Has she been having gas for long? Most people say Aptamil is the closest to breastmilk.
    My lo had gas since he was born, also waking him up, now at 12 weeks its starting to ease off. I've been using Gripe Water, which my mom believes help - but that could just be psychological.lol.
    I think it's just one of those newborn things and will just go away on it's own. Coincidentally I had gas in my last trimester when I was pregnant with him.
  • Options
    She has had it since birth. I will try Gripe Water as I have some here. I hope it starts to ease off as she gets a few weeks older and as you say hopefully it will go away. Thanks for replying I thought it was only my lo that had gas....
  • Options
    My lo has always been windy, she is now 22 weeks and even though she still farts like a trooper she no longer has any discomfort with it.
    Gripe Water helped a bit.
  • Options
    My little girl had so much gas when she was born. Grunting, and always pushing until her face turns red. She was initially breastfed, then I tried switching to soy formula which seemed to work. Gripe water did not work. I think they just grow out of it...Chloe is now 14 weeks old and Im happy to report she has no more gas, or shall i say, passes it more easily now. Chloe grew out of it at about 12 weeks. Good luck!!