Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newborn baby making loud straining noises - not constipated

2»

Replies

• Options

Rachael2016 - Did you get a pediatrician to diagnose your boy with reflux? I think I was a bit quick to assume reflux and after speaking to the pharmacist today I'm now thinking its wind or colic.  

• Options
    Hey all and sorry for invading a mums forum but this thread helped us so I wanted to help back.
    Our 1 week old son was making painful straining noises as if we suffer in toilet, when we put him in his night crib. Yet he was not constipated, nor in any visible pain or sickness. He was arching his back though. After we picked him up, he relaxed. Put him down, complains after 10 mins. Spent 3 days holding him all night so wife can sleep.

Today I realized... it was the crib mattress. We bought him this expensive memory foam thing, yet it apparently made him ache like hell. We fed him and I switched him to our living room 'parkbed' which has a rocking mechanism and I had a very soft puffy quilt/blanket over it's plastic bottom, folded in half. No mattress.
    He slept for almost 4h straight until it was his next feed time and I observed him all night make a few noises only that seemed normal or comfortable.
    I wish you all the best.