Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can babies have smoothies?!

Hello ladies and babies!!!

Well, as the title says, can babies have bought smoothies? This is something that I never thought of giving my LO, but he had his nursery trial this afternoon :\? and when I went to pick him up it was tea time, of which he had macaroni cheese (which he loved!) and for pudding it was smoothie. I wouldn't worry about a home made one, but I was just a bit surprised by a bought one (which is probably a bit silly because he has had diluted fresh orange before now and I know smoothies do seem to just have fruit and no additives)

Has anyone else given their babies smoothies, should I be concerned or am I being a neurotic mummy?!

Thanks a lot!!!

ooh, and my DS is 7 1/2 months xxxx

Replies

• Options
    im not sure but would like to know. surely its just pureed fruit which alot of people give to babies?
  • Options
    Thanks cutie, I've never seen the hipp ones, so it makes me feel a bit better that you can buy them for babies!!

xxxx
  • Options
    This is what I thought too, wannababy!! xxx

[Modified by: RJ84 on June 07, 2010 07:14 PM]

• Options
    I think the main thing with shop bought ones is that the fruit is from 'concentrate' which means its not pure-I think?!
    I know innocent smoothies are pure fruit as Ive checked and given those to my LO and obviously homemade ones are, maybe ask the nursery which brand they use?x
  • Options

I wanted to know too. My baby is 5 months old and I bought the Earth's Best fruit yogurt smoothie but it doesn't say who can have it.. They make other kind of fruit purees which says stage 1 or 2 or above 4 months etc. but the smoothie doesn't say anything so i was concerned.