Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wanderer Returns!!!

I have removed this post. My oh read it and was obviousy very hurt by the things I said, which is very understandable. He has pointed out some things to me, and he's right. I want to set the record straight and say that although I might not always see eye to eye with the inlaws, they are good people, who mean well and have helped us in many ways too.

[Modified by: Suzaie on 09 April 2007 16:35:47 ]

Replies

• Options
    Glad you survived it all. You are a better person than me i wouldve told mil to keep her bloody nose out silly old bag. Mind you i did tell mine and it got me no where. Just ignore the old bat and be thankfull that at least she lives far enough away so that she just cant pop in to see you at any time!
  • Options
    Hi Suzaie, Welcome back! Sounds like you had a whale of a time! Which dummy agruement do you get? My gran has been trying to persuade me for the last seven months that Millie needs a dummy. I don't have any great hatred for dummies but she has just never had one, I got so sick of hearing it the other day while we were all out that I ended up shouting at her 'that Millie did not need a bloody dummy' that shut her up :lol: At least your visit is over now, how often do you have to see them? You should just move/change your phone number and 'forget' to tell them! Glad you had a good time with your family. Kerry xx
  • Options
    Suzaie Your MIL sounds absolutely awful. Sadly my husbands mum is dead so I don't have one but my ex's mums a right cow. I li8ved with them for three months and ended my relationship with childs father cos of her.
  • Options
    Hi Honey, good to see you back! Sorry you had such a hideous time, at least you were prepared for it though!
    Not really missed much, not that i can think of anyway, Speak soonx
  • Options
    Removed.

[Modified by: Suzaie on April 09, 2007 04:36 PM]
  • Options
    Maybe we should lock your mil and my gran in a room together and let them fight it out, should be interesting!
  • Options
    Removed

[Modified by: Suzaie on April 09, 2007 04:37 PM]
  • Options
    Welcome back we thought you might have been arrested for bumping them off lol

xxx:lol:
  • Options
    Sounds shit, just like you expected. Mine are coming down in a couple of weeks to house sit the furry children whilst we go away for a weekend that they have paid for. Sounds very generous but i can't have a conversation without her going on about it.
    Already stressing about the state of my house when i come back, and what will my father in law do to my beautiful garden. We trusted them a few years ago and I remember saying never again but my oh must of forgotten how bad it was.
    ANd if your holding any granny boxing - mine must be included - she is a heavy weight - actually she looks like humpty dumpty in lipstick - let me know when they fight begins.
    Glad you home safely and didn't do anything you've lived to regret. xxxxxxx
  • Options
    I

[Modified by: Suzaie on April 09, 2007 04:29 PM]
  • Options
    Hi Suzy,

I had a topic called Fucking inlaws and my husband read it and wasn't happy either, what started out as a bit of harmless whinging became an issue. But I pointed out to him that I had to let off steam somewhere and it was harmless (really) although they do bug the shit out of me, to tell complete strangers than to say somethng that you might regret to them instead.

I once left a not very nice message by mistake on my in laws phone and they were devastated - it wasn't that bad, but they were really hurt by it so I know how you are feeling. Hope your ok xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks mate, I have just never seen him so hurt before. How did you work it out with your oh? I'm just not sure how I can make it up to him. Thanks for your support anyway.x
  • Options
    Hello Love,

Dont despair - I know how bad you feel but at least they don't know how you feel about them. When i left the unpleasant message on their ansafone, they phoned my husband and said his mil wasn't well and could he go over. they were devastated that I had spoken about them that way. I could see why, but to be honest, I didn't say - you mum is a fat bitch and i never want to see her again. When my oh came home there were fireworks as you can imagine and they said they didn't want to speak to me. But i didn't care I had to ring and apologise. And in their defence they were really gracious about it and said - not to worry they were having a bad day and that they had overreacted. (which I thought they had) but even so we go over it. And before and after that incident I have always been nice ot them so it did sort of go back to normal.
    Where the other business is concerned - you'd think i'd of learnt my lesson wouldn't you - but they have caused lots of problems in the past, they love my husband to be involved in their arguements and his mum in particular can be very manipulative. But when they were going through a rough patch my husband couldn't really see that. Now he knows fully what they are like. His mum will often say things in a totally different way to how it was meant and then play the innocent card. And yes he was upset by what he read - but if he was brutually honest he couldn't really dissagree with much of it - as I didn't lie. I told him they do upset me and I do find it hard to confront them (even though he tells me too) so I had to left off steam, and surely it makes me a nicer person that I feel the way I do about them, yet I'm still nice to them for his sake - you can't like everyone but as far as they are concerned they think I think they are wonderful.
    I hope he doesn't torture you too long - you were only letting a bit of steam off, and if it is any concellation - we all did/do it all the time,
    chin up
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi suzaie hope youre not feeling too down. Your hubby will forgive you. Mine did and that was after id said some pretty bad things to his mum basically about her always putting down the decisions i made. Ihave to say she still does it but i am able to bite my tongue slightly more now and i do tolerate her for his and the kids sake. Maybe if you speak to your hubby and let him know how it upsets you when you feel you are critisised over decisions you both make and ask him to speak tactfully to his parents it will help. It will take time but eventually your confidence as a mum will grow and you will be able to shrug off most of the things she says. take care. x
  • Options
    Hi Suzaie, Hope things at home aren't getting you down too much. I'm sure that hubby will get over it soon and maybe see that you are unhappy about the way his parents treat you. In the mean time keep your chin up Kerry xx (P.s. your new picture is lovely)
  • Options
    Hi Suzaie, Chin up love ... I agree with Claire, it is better to let off steam here rather than say something you might regret and make life really difficult. Sarah xxx ps love your updated piccy of your little man