Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hungry baby milk.

Hi there all, Does anyone know what the signs are for a baby to go on hungry baby milk? sounds like a silly question I know!!! My liitle man drinks 7 6oz bottles a day but feels he could drink more!! he always seems hungry about 1 hour after every feed and we have to go through the agony of making him wait till his next bottle!! His little tummy can't take any more quantity but the milk doesn't seem to satisfy him. Please help, Karyn xx

Replies

• Options
    my daughter went onto 2nd milk at 3 months on advice of hv. it wasn't because she was eating loads but because she was being sick after every feed. hv said it was a bit heavier so would settle better on her stomach. she was only having 4/5 oz every 3 hours mand continued to have the same when i changed over milks. it does sound like it may help in your situation ask your hv what they think if your not sure.
  • Options
    hi jayne Give it go and see if it works!! It doesn't work for all babies and it may just be that's the way he feeds. how old is he?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I have been totally abandend by my hv!!! I live in a little village and she is supposed to come out to me but haven't seen her since he was 2 weeks!!! In answer to your question Wenders he is 7 weeks. Karyn xx
  • Options
    hi karyn, I'd say go for it! It can cause a bit of upset belly/consipation during a change over of milk especially as hungry baby milk is harder to digest (as this is how it works), don't worry about yoru HV, if it doesn;t work then go back ont he other milk or even try another brand, good luck x