Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mother-in-Law

Replies

• Options
    Oh she has offered! as well as the matching twinset thing she made was told i could have it lots of different colours she kept saying "ooh i've got a lovely lilic wool you like lilic" my lip was bleeding cos i bit down onit so hard!
  • Options
    How do you not say something, girls?? I don't have a mil, but i know if i did then i wouldn't be able to restrain myself, especially in some of the situations I've just read. I think you're all amazing!!
  • Options
    That's so sad. Children are so special, no matter when they arrive or how many there are. I can't understand your mil's attitude. Could you get oh to have a word with his mother about her treatment of your son and the effect it has on him after he's stayed? Anyway, well done you for making a success of your family!!
  • Options
    noooooo I didn't think you were saying that at all - you are really lucky and deserve it after the first one!!

mine is on her way here - wish me luck!

have a good day everyone

natxx
  • Options
    gosh mum2another1 she sounds like a right old hag! my mil doesnt like my 3rd child (the one she felt sick when she was born) it is so obvious and it really upsets me sometimes.
    cloclo mmmmm mint green my fave colour i must have some lol The only thing that worries me is that in the future our daughter in law will be on here moaning about us!
  • Options
    I could cry!!!

I got home, eddie was wide awake and playing despite it being 1pm and me telling her NOT to let him get up after 11.30am!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset!

xx
  • Options
    Wow! I am sooo happy I am not the only one with mil trouble! Mine is the mother-in-law from hell (and even her children agree... because she is the mum from hell too!). She absolutely hates all of us who have married her babies and 'taken them away from her'. She 's blatently tried to brake up every single relationship her two daughters and three sons have had and has even managed it quite a few times! I am quite 'lucky ' that my husband sees through her game and has not spoken to her for quite a few years! Last time we saw her I was pregnant with my second daughter and she told us we deserved to have 'a handicapped child' (she' s not really politically correct either !) because that's all we deserved for being so ungrateful to her. At this point I am still wondering what I should be grateful for... She' s never done anything for us or our children! Anyway, all I ever got from her were insults so really I couldn't care less about what she says! In a funny sort of way I do feel sorry for her because she is so lonely now. I know she brought it upon herself but I am the silly kind that always forgives people! She lives in a different country so it makes things a little easier but she is coming down in 2 weeks time... God Help us!
  • Options
    Hi Girls, Hope you don't mind me joining in the rant... I am also having trouble with the mil. Before baby arrived we were really close & I'd go as far as saying we were very good friends. We even went abroad with eachother a couple of times. However, since Ruby arrived, my God how things have changed. There is no end to the snide remarks about how I hold her, what her bedtime routine is & how she can't wait until I have to return to work so she gets to look after Ruby everyday. I have to walk past her house to visit my Dad & Step Mum (who are both brilliant by the way) & the other day my OH made some remark about me spending too much time with my family & not enough time with the mil. Every time we visit her I have to grit my teeth as she fusses unnecessarily & goes on & on about what a good mum she is & how her precious little boys ( who are all nearly 30 by the way), are all so great. If she knew 1/2 the things they've done she wouldnt be so smug. It just irritates me so much the way she grabs the lo off of me. Okay, rant over!!!
  • Options
    lolalgirl i cant believe she said that about a disabled baby!!! thats bloody cruel to say to even your worst enemy never mind your son and partner!!! it's made me a bit sad really cos all babies are lovely and special. good on you for getting on and letting it wash over you. my mil was ok at first (used to live with her dont now) but when lo was born worse than her interferring she used to bite her lip and not say things when you could tell she was dying to. she's another who is obsessed with lo being to warm/cold. i have to say though my sil has to have the mega bitch award. last year we went on hol, me oh, lo, mil, sil. she is only 17 and a bit babyish she thinks because her bf has a little brother and she's watched him a couple of times in an afternoon when she went on hol with his family that she knows everything about babies. on hol one day lo was a bit grumpy - you know when they dont want anything or dont want to do anything?? anyway she took her off me to see if a change might distract her, but it didnt and she was all wriggly trying to get out of her arms and she said 'oh scarlet you little c**t!!!!! i felt sick. im sorry to say i didnt do anything i think if id reacted i would have hit her. on the up side ive probarly helped provent a teen pregnancy.
  • Options
    it is sad they are like this isn't it - my mil is back again today - funny as it is the witching hour isn't it??
  • Options
    Hi girls!
    I thought I would give you the update on the MIL front. She' been, she' s left and she's come back again!!! I just cannot beleiiiiiive it! Hubby and I just about managed to survive her antics 2 weeks ago and then she was gone, Hurray! But guess what, she' s come back. Couldn't bear to be away from her baby (hubby unfortunately)....Worst still. RC (hubby) has had to go away on business for a few days and I am left to face her by myself. I have decided to disconnect the phone for a while...(no joke!)...Remember me in your prayers!!!!! Will give you further update when she's gone, hopefully in a week, well, so she says....
  • Options
    Hiya!

MY mother in law is fine, the only problem she cant see past her wonderful son! - and really am just the mother of her grandson!

I got really upset tonight i was at the inlaws for a fireworks display, ok my son is only 5 months but he liked looking! - and my sister in law was there with her 2 kids, her eldest is the favourite and my father in law gave him a tenner which really pissed me off he is only 2 for christ sake, he dropped it and it went swiftly into his dads pocket, probably buy 40 of fags! it pisses me off because there was son and the other grandson, ok i dont need the money but thats not the point if your gong to dish out money shouldn't you dish out evenly!

Every penny that Lewis gets i put in his banky - he is probably richer than me, haven't counted it because am still thinking about which trust fund account to open as i still have the ??250 cheque sitting!

• Options
    mine is lovely, but i dont half have my moments with her!! the thing that drives me insane is that she keeps things of reeces. she has him for 4 hours on a tuesday, once a week, but if she likes the look of things i send in his bag (clothes, bibs, toys, books, cups - anything) she keeps em! i really dont see the point as he is growing so quickly he is in his next size every 2 months and its not like he is there every day. it was driving me insane because i couldnt find his new bottles and teets - he is mainly bf so they arent used often - and guess where they were? i always always make sure he has everything he needs in his bag anyway, so its not even like she needs her own supply of things.. also it pisses me off because she doesnt think about the cost of me replacing stuff, i am on unpaid mat leave so havent got much cash. she always used to keep my long sleeved bibs which are ??3 each, ok not that much but when you have bought a few it adds up, i dont send them to her anymore thou! jo xx
  • Options
    we are going staying with mil next week - i seem to remember saying after hol from hell i would never go again but here we are!!! great! at least oh can see the probs now so its not that iam mental?! its actually sil thats the prob. the other day she rang oh then about 30mins later the phone rang, i answered it and there was noone there i was just about to hang up and heard a voice, it was her she just said oh pressed wrong button, bye. no chat or anything!! fine well **** you. she is such a brat.
  • Options
    Hi Susie,
    Your MIL is so like mine! I have never had a conversation with her on the phone! She calls and says 'I want to speak to MY son' (no hello, no how are you, doesn't even check she' s reached the right number!!!) I used to start with a 'is that you Mum? and how are you bla, bla, but she never bothered even talking to me - only demanded to talk to HER son. So I don't bother any more. I just pass him onto her (although most of the time I'm instructed to tell her he's out!) . If I tell her he's not in, she usually gets hysterical and I wait until she's done to ask her if she wants anything else! Well, I've just given up on her I suppose!
  • Options
    Hi girls!

Guess what? MIL is GONE! Hubby was so desperate not to have her over for Xmas that he and in-laws decided to send her on a vacation! We even paid for the flight so that she could go and stay with her sister for six months... to the other side of the world! How ridiculous does that sound! At least I didn't have to get involved. I even said I would be happy to have her visit at Xmas but hubby said no way! And so did his brothers and sisters! I must say it's a relief and I don't have to feel guilty either! Well, peace for six months at least... Talk to you in May!
    Lola
  • Options
    I just wanted to tell you all what my MIL said to me last week. she has two other grandchildren by my oh's brother, Bethany is 4 and Cody is 1. She calls them babies. My oh's brother is no longer with the mum and he still lives at home with her. They have fallen out, over a dog, and he is refusing to allow her to see them unless she gets rid of the dog. I was asking her how things were etc and she said if things don't improve i'm going to see a solicitor as grandparents have rights" oh my god. Typical me this has now stuck in my head and i keep thinking did she say this so that she has rights over Summer. I was talking to the oh about it last night and he said just let her try!!! He can't stand her which makes my life a bit of a nightmare. It's now getting to the point where i've got to see her at least once a week. She's jealous that my mum and dad live about 5 doors away and i see them nearly all the time and i'm constantly getting digs. My sister came round the same day they turned up. My sister was leaving and she said oh popping up to see your mum, like what's it got to do with her. Oh my god i've gone off on one i'm so sorry.
    http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/8/812/81239.png

• Options
    Just wanted to say that you guys have made me feel so much better! The person who started this thread deserves a big shining star! I used to get on well with the inlaws until the LO came and now I literally have to drag myself up there to see them (they dont come down here) but I have to say I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one! Thank you thank you thank you all for hating your MILs!! xx
  • Options
    I hate my mil with passion, i have even tried recently to build bridges with her but they have well and truly burnt to the ground!! My hubby has been poorly for the last 12 weeks and we have been under heaps of stress because he was told that he had a massive tumor (luckily it wasnt a tumour just a cyst) then we were told he didnt then he had to go into hospital and have a biopsy on his brain on my daughters birthday so i was really upset and stressed out and she just kept going on about how i have never liked her and how 4 years ago i ordered her out of my house!! Bloody right i did she said in front of my 2 eldest children that i was rubbish and common and hubby should ditch me and find a nice girl! Then she said she felt physically sick when my 3 year old was born coz she thought that she would be retarded (nice choice of word from her there) because as 32 i was too old to be having another baby. When isaac was born she more or less accused me of having another baby to upset her daughter! and now hubby is ok(ish) just got to have loads of checkups for the rest of his life she starts going round slagging me off to her neighbours and my friends and even phoned my parents to tell them how awful and hard to get on with i am!!

blimey look how much ive typed she really gets my goat so much that once i start i just cant stop!!!!!!! rant over and feeling much better now.
  • Options
    I absolutely love this topic! It is such a shame that in laws have to be such a pain for so many of us.
    It is not my MIL that is the pain in the arse but my FIL. He is such a know it all and thinks that he should get a say in everything that goes on even though he knows SFA bout most things!!!
    He came to my house when LO was only 3 days old and asked me if i was tired - well doh!!, and then proceeded to tell me that it was all in my head and a young thing like me should be able to cope and he was really the tired one as he woke up at 7.30 that morning and couldn't get back to sleep!!! what a bloody shame for him!
    This is one of his less offensive and annoying chats but sadly there is nothing else but to listen and try not to get too annoyed as i seem to be the only one that will say anything to his face so end up looking mean. He thinks I am too loud and shouldn't be going to work as it is 'not right with a baby' well does he want to pay my bills!!!
    Wish could make him realise is not 1950 but think am fighting losing battle. xx