Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not boiling water for bottles after 6 months?

2»

Replies

• Options
    http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/documents/digitalasset/dh_063693.pdf

I found the above article really useful (my daughter has no spleen so i have to be doubly careful!!) - it may help with some of the q's raised.

Having said that, I do know a lot of people do it differently to this wihtout problems so it really is a personal choice for each mumy wiht what works best for them x
  • Options
    it says to cool for no more than 30 mins, my hv said it's better to have it slightly to hot and lose a tiny bit of the vitamin content then to have it too cold and not kill the bacteria, 30 mins is the maximum you should leave it to cool not the minimum, infact when i phoned sma now i think about it they said it didn't matter how long you left it to cool as long as it's not longer than 30 mins, so maybe with a smaller amount of water you should leave it 10 mins
    xx