Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone got a video monitor?

I'm looking to get a video monitor but need recommendations.

Lo is now in has own room and unfortunately has started habitually waking at 4am some nights. He can be quite happily playing in his cot for 1hr or so. The problem is that if i go in and see him he gets all excited and then i have to work quite hard to get him back to sleep (usually with a feed) If left he will self settle...but i'm struggling with not knowing if he is all tucked up safely especially as he has now learnt to roll. I've ended up crouched down peeking through the keyhole most nights which is ridiculous!!!

Do they work in the dark or do they need light to work?

Which one would you recommend and anyones to avoid?

Thanks

Katstar xxx

Replies

• Options
    hey hun....we HAD the summer portable video monitor...DON'T DO IT!!...it's a nightmare...not digital so everything in the house...and I mean everything interferes with it - like TV interference!...the mobiles, Ipod, microwave etc etc...even my OH walked by it once and it 'fuzzed!'....we bought a digital monitor a few weeks ago and what a difference (its not video though ;o( )

so definately avoid that one...not sure whether the others will be the same but I would say definately get a digital one if you can ....

but in terms of night vision - no they (or this one) didn't need any light...it was a good picture...if you had nothing else plugged in in the house!!! heehee
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

we have a summer one too. TBH when dd is asleep in her nursery upstairs and we have the monitor in the front room (where the tv,phone, our mobiles and wireless internet etc are) it does crackle a bit (not the picture, just the sound) so we ususally turn the sound down look at the monitor. When we go to bed we take the monitor upstairs to our room (where we only have on tv in the room) and the crackling stops, so we can sleep with the picture and sound on.

They have night vision so the picture is great at night time or day time. I love it as i love being able to see what she is doing at night.

Ours was about ??80, from tescos.

Maybe the suitability would depend on how 'techy' your house is? as this may affect the level of interference maybe.

faz xxx