Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

chewing and sucking hands

Hiya

My Lo has taken to chewing and sucking his hands all the time, do you think this is just a comfort thing, he will not take a dummy just spits it out or heaves??

He is 10 weeks, not worried just want to know if this is normal?

L

Replies

• Options
    Hi, my l/o chews and sucks his hands all the time, I think its normal! I think their just finding out what their hands do!!
  • Options
    millie does it all the time, hv said the baby has just found the hands x
  • Options
    Eilidh does it too, hv told me the same about baby just finding her hands she's 17 weeks and is still doing it i think she likes it as she talks away with one hand in her mouth
    xx
  • Options
    yer my little girl is 13 weeks and she does the same, she has her dummy when she tired but all the other times shes sucking her hands, i think shes just discovered then and doesnt know what they are, babies learn thru putting things in thier mouths.
  • Options
    My son is 2 now and he used to have a dummy but then he started sucking his finger now I can't get him to stop and he has made it infected so many times but it is sore all the time
  • Options
    LO sucks his hands, fingers, thumbs and a dummy depending on his fancy at the time. He's 12 weeks and starting to put things in his mouth. Luckily this is quite restricted at the moment.