Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you have in your changing bag?

Hello ladies,

I havent had a proper changing bag until now. I used to just have a draw string bag and I chucked everything in.

I was just wondering what you all keep in your changing bags - Im trying to be a bit more organised! Do you have any extra bits other than the basics? Also, is it worth purchasing a wipes case (cheaper to buy larger packed of wipes than small travel ones!).

Thanks, xxx

Replies

• Options
    milton antibacterial wipes are good (??1 at tesco. cheaper than tescos own)
    i use them for if lo has dropped dummy on ground, public changing mats, anything that i want clean to my standard really lol...yes im a snob!!
    i also keep teething gel and calpol sachets just in case.
    apart from that just the basics. wipes, nappies, nappy bags, bibs and a change of clothes :\)

emilie and sam xxx

[Modified by: Emilie and Sam on July 19, 2008 03:46 PM]

• Options
    I have in my change bag: big pack of wipes (with the plastic lid so dont dry out), 4 nappies and more if needed cos u never know lol, nappy sacks, sun hat, bootees, socks, 1 change of clothes plus vest, 1 babygro just in case the spare clothes get dirty (yep I know!!! I'm sad!), factor 50 suncream, sudocreme, bibs, muslin. I think thats about it. x
  • Options
    Oh & bottles if going out x
  • Options
    I used to keep a bare minimum and always got caught out and it ended up costing a fortune!! I dont have a change bag as such but bought a huge handbag from Pennys and in it I have

4 Nappies
    Big pack of wipes
    3 Bibs
    Tommee tippee roll and go bib and spoon
    Jar of food
    Change of clothes
    Sun cream
    Muslin
    Teething gel/powder
    Calpol sachets
    Anti bac hand gel
    Dummy case with a dummy in just in case we get stuck in traffic
    Toy to amuse her
    Light blanket

I think thats about it, no wonder my bloody shoulder hurts LOL
  • Options
    Wow, my changing bag contents seem pathetic compared to other mums! lol!
    Mine has: nappies, wipes, nappy sacks, couple of burping cloths, anti bac wipes. This is just day to day stuff for when I go out with Matthew in the buggy. It'll also have my purse, mobile etc in.
    If we're going on a long car journey which will involve stopping at services for food, then it will also include bottle/s, change of clothes, bibs, couple of toys, teething powders.
    Things like suncream etc I put on before we leave the house.
    I also don't buy travel packs of wipes, I just pop in the pack already opened from home.
    hth.xx.
  • Options
    lol my changing bag seems empty compared to everyone elses!!!

i have nappies,wipes,nappy sacks,anti bac hand spray,mini bottle of dettol ( to wipe high chair tables) and juice. if going out over meal times food and spoons.

I have never carried spare clothes touchwood ive never bin caught out either! my mate carries everything but the sink in her changing bag!! it weighs a ton!

xx
  • Options
    my change bag generally contains the bare minimum. couple of nappies, couple of nappy bags, pack of wipes, bottle, bib! i never carry a change of clothes of anything else and so far havnt been caught out. i never venture massively far from home and im always in reach of a shop if ive forgotten anything! i dont ever tend to be out long enough to need to change evie, or if i am it's only ever once. sometimes i dont even take the change bag out with me, i just take an over-sized handbag and chuck a few essentials in it! X
  • Options
    my bag contains
    4 nappies
    pack of wipes
    a few bibs
    a muslin cloth
    jar of food and spoon
    the free mini dettol bottle that came in my bounty pack i just top it up
    some tissue
    a small toy
    nappy bags
    clean t shirt for him
    teething gel
    nurfofen sachet
    and a few bits for me
  • Options
    in my changing bag i have...
    6 nappies
    nappy sacks
    large pack of wipes
    nappy rash cream
    teething gel and powders
    teething dummy and normal dummy
    calpol sachets
    anti bac wipes
    some cleanex as she has a cold at present moment
    spare change of clothes
    sleepsuit just incase we are out later than intended
    jar of food
    2 bibs
    2 spoons
    jar of juice
    and a few small toys

that looks like quite alot :S my change bag is only a small graco one tho. i also have a few lady things for myself incase of an emergency x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for replying.

Before I posted mine has...
    - nappy bags and x4 nappies (when im more confident with reusables i will change!
    - mini pot of sudocream and ear buds for applying (use less at a time)
    - nipple cream and breast pads
    - thermo and infacol (going to buy a small calpol bottle) maybe some suncream too.
    - muslin, bib
    - spare vest and dress
    - anti bacterial hand gel

couple of questions
    1)i havent started using a dummy yet although have one (for an emergency!). Im probably being a bit thick but can us get dummy cases or something or what do you do to keep the teat of dummy clean?
    2) i was trying to think of something to clean changing mat etc. Faith&finlay, you mentioned you got your dettol from a bounty pack. how old is your lo? I dont recall getting one. Its a good idea....will have to try and search see where I can locate a small one from!
    3) is it worth buying a wipes case or not, anybody got one at all?? xxx
  • Options
    I have nappies, wipes, changing mat, nappy bags, change of clothes, bibs, hats, shoes and then food if needed.
  • Options
    1) i have a tommee tippee's soother pod great for putting any dummy in. Got mine as a gift with my lo was born and loved it, ive since gone on to give it to everyone who's since had a baby. seen them in pink, blue or yellow

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOOTHER-HOLDERS-SOOTHER-POD-TOMMEE-TIPPEE-BLUE_W0QQitemZ330253169148QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330253169148&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

2) i have a sml pk of milton anti back wipes in my bag that does all changing mats and high chairs when out. I did get a small bottle of dettol in my bounty pack 8 mths ago but it doesnt state "no need to rince" unlike the milton ones.

3) i didnt bother with a wipe case its far more cost effective to buy the bigger packs. i just buy the wipes with the clip front so i know they are kept shut (boots, tesco's and asda's own make have these on)

• Options
    I have a large handbag that i use as handbag and changing bag sits nicely over handles on pushchair so no holding for me!!!

i have

bib
    few nappies
    wipes
    nappy sacks
    toy
    extra dummy
    change of clothes - just joggers and tshirt usually
    bottles
    organix crisp things
    water beaker

purse
    mobile
    diary
    pen

soooo need to get some milton wipes as at mo just use his baby wipes and they arent really doing the job for germs are they?!!!

x
  • Options
    Milton wipes are great for wiping down stuff, they leave no smell or taste on anything and are safe to wipe dummys with if baby drops them, you get them from boots, asda, tesco, superdrug etc

I keep evrything in my handbag

If i go out i have
    4nappys
    pack of wipes (just pack open at home)
    2bibs
    juice cup
    milton wipes

and thats all :lol:
    xxlisaxx
  • Options
    i have an avent dummy which comes with a cover.
    I have a wipes bag but i always forget to fill it, if you don't have many in there they seem to dry out quicker than if still in the packet, so no its probably not worth getting one as i don't use mine.

aswell as the basics i'm trying to get in the habit of spare clothes for accidents, and keeping a jar and longlife pots with weaning spoons in the bag so that should i end up being out longer than expected i have food for him. also a couple of rusks in a tubberware pot. 2 because if i produce the tub you can guarantee my older one asks if he can have a rusk!
    calgel and his comfort toy (a bunny) toys and always always spare dummies!
  • Options

My changing bag seems terribly full in comparason to everyone else! 

I was thinking i might need a bigger one but they mayb just arent made for people as compulsive as me! I was exactly the same with my handbag before i had the baby!

I have

5 nappies

1 large pack of wipes

2 wee disposable changing mats

2 small bibs (for drooling)

2big bibs (for eating)

A whole change of outfit inc vest socks etc

A small spare blanket

Anti bac wipes

Spares dummies

Thermomitor

Paracetamol for baby

Ibrophen for baby

Bonjela

Nasal drops

Infacol

Tissues

Plasters

Nappy bags

Mittens

A hat

Nail scissors

Hand sanitisor

A wee pouch with 2 spoons and a few wee food things

A spare steralised bottle

A carton of formula (i exclusively pump but somethimes he just takes to eating everything the fridge has!)

Any bottles of my milk we need for him going out

A small toy and book

A teething ring

His comforter

A bottle of water

Then for me and my husband i have

2 breast pads

1 sanitary towel

Paracetamol

Co-codamol

Ibrophen

Hubbys inhaler

my keys

My purse

And my phone

Then 80percent of the time i dont bring a handbag. 

• Options

catherine anthony Which changing bag do you have? That is a lot? image

• Options

I try to carry what I need and not too many extras - I always have the following

7 nappies

Pack of kirkland wipes

Changing mats (comes with changing bag)

3 bibs 

Ella's baby dessert pouches

2 outfit changes

Thermomitor

Small Nurofen

2 Muslins

Nappy bags

Expressed milk 

Water

Blanket

Make up purse

Mobile phone

keys

Ballet pumps

Hair Brush

Umbrella

Book

iPad

• Options

Wow I barely take anything compared to some of you image. If I'm nipping out for an hour or two then I take a small bag with 2 nappies, nappy sacks, wipes, sudocream, a Muslim to dry his bum, a muslin for his face and a foldable change mat (that came with my big change bag).  My lo has set feeding times so I tend to nip out between feeds so I don't have to take milk/food. If going out for the day I take my big change bag and just pack according to the weather so if sunny I'll take cream, if cold I'll take hat/ gloves, but I always take 4/5 nappies, nappy sacks, wipes, sudocream, muslin to dry bum, muslin for face, spare bib, spare vest and trousers (incase of leaks), milk and bottles,now we've   weaned spoon, bib, food in tupperware pot , and if his teeth are playing up calgel and calpol. I always pack bag as I'm leaving its not permanently packed which means I don't overpack. Sometimes if I'm only going out for 15-30 mins I won't take anything and just chance it. X

• Options

* oh gosh that should obviously say muslin for bum not Muslim - stupid predictive text! Sorry