Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

avent bottles?

does anyone else find the aven bottles leak? I used them with my first & they were fine then with my 2nd i used them to begin with but they started leaking & you'd have to open & close them a number of times to get the lid to fit just right to avoid it leaking, so i changed them to i think tescos own which ifound the teats a bit flimsy. With our 3rd i said i'd give them another go maybe we got a dodgy batch but the same thing happened its so irritating :roll:, we used Boots own then, but again flimsy teats.

Please god we'll have no.4 but not sure about bottles. Can anyone solve the avent leakage mystery is there a secret technique??

thanks!
K.x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry I cant help as I have always got on fine with the bottles, I do agree though you have to ensure the lids are on correctly.... you cld have got a dodgy batch? hope you solve the mystery xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I have heard about people saying the advent bottles tend to leak but as i use tommee tippe and they are great i cant help. x
  • Options
    All my avent bottles leaked. Luckily holly has always had cool milk but it would have been a huge hazard if she had it hot as sometimes it would start with the shaking of the milk, othertimes it would be when i was half way through a feed and found her clothes were soaking from it.
    I complained to Avent who were the rudest, most unhelpful company i have ever dealt with. I had to send the bottles to them which was a huge inconvinience, they didnt send any to replace them in the mean time. They ahd thenm for 2 months when they sent them back saying that their tests found no leakage. Rubbish. I wrote a letter explaining that this was not good enough, as they do ALL leak. The wrote back explaining that they found no fault and have closed the case. What more could i do. I hate it when I know im right but still loose.
    I use tommee tippee now and will never use avent bottles again. I bought everything avent as my parents ect recomended them. I wish i hadnt.
    When i complained about the bottles i also sent back my powder dispenser as i found milk powder was moving between the 3 compartments. Hubby thought i was loopy until i showed him. They wrote back saying that they agreed it was the case and "sorry for the inconvinience". Its not inconvinient, its bloody dangerous. Im not talking a small amount. Over a day of it bobbing around in my changing bag the milk would all move across all compartments.

DO NOT BUY AVENT PRODUCTS!

I really thought they would have been more helpful. They kept the dispenser and refunded my ??4.97 for it! Im guessing these people are not currently parents of young babies and children themselfs. Jobs worths!
  • Options
    My friend uses them for her 1 year old and she says she wishes she'd never bought them because of this problem. I have tommee tippee bottles which I love, they never leak! I have some boots bottles (the ones with disney designs) and they have been fine too.
  • Options
    apparently not according to avent. I thought they may say it was a bad batch and atleast replace them. But nothing.
  • Options
    thanks guys, glad im not alone! cant believe their response to a complaint though thought they would have at least replaced them?!

Those who use tommee tippee can you get wide neck I've only seen the tall skinny ones?

thanks!
    K.x
  • Options
    The TT closer to nature bottles are wide neck.
  • Options
    The TT closer to nature bottles are wide neck.

My friend used the avent ones, and told me not to use them because hers leaked all the time.
  • Options
    mines leak sometimes, i just losen it and tighten it and it seems to be fine. i miss tommee tippee bottles but no point buying more now sams is almost 13 months old lol xx
  • Options
    Hi, I have AVENT bottles & they have leaked but there was a post ages ago where someone said it's because the teats have been screwed on too tightly so I thought I'd try loosening them & they haven't leaked since! I used to screw them on really tightly as that's what you usually do to make sure something doesn't leak but not the case with AVENT bottles it seems! image
    See if it works for you.
    xxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/F4kYp1/.png

• Options
    yeh thanks for that i think i have an old one in the cupboard i'll try it out afew times.

thanks girls great response!!
    K.x