Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any light to shed?

hi ladies,

i posted in bottlefeeding forum but dont think there is a lot of traffic there! .......

my baby boy is now 12 weeks old and in the last week his feeding has gone right out the window. He was feeding 6oz every 4 hours and doing a nice long 8/9 hour stretch at night, but recently he is so slow and his bottle can take up to an hour, and he will still only take 4oz! i have tried offering 5 oz every 3 hours but he just isnt interested, half way through the feed onced winded when i try to put the bottle back in his mouth its like i have poisoned it! his face is like he is sucking a lemon! the problem is, he has started waking more at night as he of obviously not drinking enough in the day! i have TT bottles and changed to number 2's a few weeks back and also tried variflow although these are a little quick!
what can i do to try and speed him up, surely hour long feeds at 3 months are not normal? it means he spends most of the day feeding!

any advice ladies?

Keeley and Rafferty 12 weeks!

Replies

• Options
    Hmm not sure. Have you changed milk recently? x
  • Options
    Maybe he's got a wee bit of reflux and doesn't want to drink because of it? Might be due to you moving the teat size up cause it's gong down quicker. I'd try going back to the old teats and see if it eases and if it doesn't maybe see the health visitor? X
  • Options
    Teething? Sucking can hurt - Ava goes off her bottle when teething or off colour x
  • Options
    Hon
    I sympathise, Oliver is 11 weeks and i'm starting to dread feeds, taking ages, he screws up his face or just spits it at me! Oliver has started teething and calpol does help but obviously you can't give it all the time.
    Has he started sucking on his fists or dribbling? That was the tell tale signs I got with Oliver! xxx
  • Options
    oh dear teething already! just when we think weve cracked it with sleeping through and the poor wee mites get all upset again!
  • Options
    ava first had teething symptoms around 12 weeks and cut her first tooth at 6 months exactly!! image

Ashton and Parsons and Calgel x