Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Terror attacks

Thanks Wenders - he's not done it again since and so you tend to hope he won't do it again. But seeing as he's done it quite a few times in his first 4 months, it's definately something we're going to mention to the nurses at his next jab - which is only a couple of days away.

You mentioned his hearing - tell me, is it wrong to have a baby's ears in the water when you are giving a bath? Someone pointed out, at the swimming pool recently, when his ears were below the surface. We've always had his ears in the water when we bathe him - right from the start Not ever being told that this was something you shouldn't do - Could it be possible that we've damaged him?

Replies

• Options
    hi stu... I don't think you would've damaged his hearing from bathing... but they can pick up ear infections at swimming pools very easily so i'd keep his head above water if you can. but if he had an ear infection you'd know about it as he would be very upset & gabbing his ear etc! :\) Do you go to get him weighed at your local clinic? if you do I'd mention it to the HV's there too... fingers crossed that they don't happen for a while! :\) x
  • Options
    My neice (aged 3) is scared of loud noises. They thought she had something wrong with her hearing, they thought she has sensitive ears. my sil always tried to keep things quiet for her over the years but she had all the tests done and they came back all clear. they see a child psychologist now to try and wean her back to louder noises... & so far so good. they think that she had a bad experience as a baby/toddler, then sil in a way made it worse by keeping loud noises away from her... my neice is getting loads better now though and will now listen to the tv/music loud but is still scared of other noises... :\) You do worry about these things but I'm sure he'll be fine! xxxx :\)
  • Options
    My little one has started to do that evey now and again scream out for no reason that i can think of. I put it down to his teeth but he is dribbling too. Speak to your HV she should put your mind at ease.

And as for the water - ears thing i've always put my little ones under it's done him no harm yet!! and he's 10weeks