Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Swimming costumes

Hellloooo!

My little one is 13 weeks old today and weighed 10lbs 3oz two weeks ago. I want to take her swimming but mothercare only sell nappy swimsuits for 14lb babies up. Huggies little swimmers are sized from 16lbs up. Does anyone know where I can get a swimsuit from that will fit my little baby? :\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I got Reeces first swim suit from next. Not sure about the nappies thou, maybe Boots own brand?

Jo x
  • Options
    Hi, I have started swimming with my little one. We have also signed up for lessons. They will only let baby in the pool with a double nappy system . A disposable like huggies and then a splash about happy nappy on top. This should prevent all leaks. Using the happy nappy means you can use the disposable even if it's too big as it should keep it in place. You can also get baby wetsuits from splash about if baby feels the cold
  • Options
    Sarahed - are you doing waterbabies? its brilliant isn't it my lo loves it - i highly recommend the double nappy thing we have done this since our lo was 4 weeks old.
  • Options
    we use a rash vest suit from next only place we could find that did them small enough.
    we use the huggies nappies which are too big but work ok.
  • Options
    I use a reusable swimming nappy from mothercare, they come in various sizes & seem to do the trick so far!
  • Options
    We got kushie swim nappy from The Baby Catalogue.
    The 'small' size is from 3-7kg.
    We had mega probs trying to find something that would fit Ben cos he wasn't even close to 16lbs when we 1st wanted to take him swimming.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much, I love coming on here and getting help with my questions. Now.........who can predict the lottery numbers so I don't have to go back to work!!!!!!???
  • Options
    tonights winning numbers will be:
    7, 13, 19, 21, 28, 37
    how spooky would it be if I was right?