Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my god my son has developed at temper!

Replies

• Options
    very good looking baby
  • Options
    my angelic blonde haired blue eyes happy son has become a monster overnight!
    he has fits of temper where he clenches his fists and goes red gritting his teeth!!! he bends out when i try to put him in car seat and screams! he started shouting alot too for no reason and esp when i leave the room! he also has a fit of temper when we try to change him!!!!
    the other day when he was ramming the floor lamp into the wall i said "no joseph" and we walked off (in walker) and then returned but before he touched the lamp he looked over his shoulder and gave me a cheeky grin then laughed and rolled off when i said no!!!!! i didnt think he would be doing this yet hes only 9 months!!!!! anyone else have this???!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I thought the same Hayley!! Imogen is nearly 10 mths and gets soooo annoyed when i have something in my hand and i don't give her it. She clenches her fists and screams too. When i'm getting her out the car seat she starts waving her arms about and puts her hands where the buckle is as if to say hurry up then! She has just started to get really annoyed with nappy changes too so need to have toys at hand for her play with and distract her. Everything is such a rigmarole now! x
  • Options
    Sorry Hayley but I couldnt help but laugh......what a little monkey lol

My eldest still has the odd paddy (she's now 16 lol) when she was only a babe in arms she developed a temper she used to stop her self breathing and turn blue, she used to scare the shite out of me. MY 2nd (who is 11) when she first learned to sit by herself used to scream and deliberately bang her head repeatedly on the wall until she discovered making herself vomit got her more attention as i had to clear her up, she did that til she was 3 or 4 and in the end i gave her a bucket of soapy water and cloth and made her clean it up, she soon stopped. (god i think my children must be the devil's spawn lol). and this time round with Paige (5 and 1/2 months old) she already has a temper screaming her head off and tensing her legs when she doesnt want her snow suit on or doesnt want to go in the car or buggy. she also cries when i leave the room but i walk back in for 1 minute to reassure her and then walk away again for 2minutes if she carries on i come back reassure her and go away for 3 minutes, its supposed to work (i does at bedtime)

But i'm sorry to say this is your sons way of giving him attention (even by saying no) what i had to do with my others is take things up out of their reach (when they are unaware that this is what you are doing) without saying a word, and gradually introduce things back to their height without mentioning them, but dont say no just take temptaion away and put it back at a later date without drawing attention to it.
    Hope that makes sense

Good luck
  • Options
    thanks yes it does make sense thanks! at the moment i find it funny but when im trying to get out of the door for work or something i find it frustrating!! yes toys for nappy changing and any changing in fact work xx