Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thank you x and another poo question!

after a pretty awful few days - i gave toby the diluted orange juice this evening and half an hour later this foul smell appeared!

WE HAVE POOOOOOOOOO!

Not an explosion but smelt disgusting - thank you ladies so much - would this have been the orange juice - does it work that quickly?

How often can i use this because toby is almost always constipated - doctors said it will go when he is older also diagnosed reflux which i dont think he has and prescibed paracetomol????????????????????

can i use it once a day - once every other day? I have no one but you to ask as i dont trust the medical profession. NHS direct didnt even call me back.

Any way - you are all wonderful x x x

Replies

• Options
    I'd say you could use it every day or every other day - how much did you give him? If I spoonful worked, I can't see how that would hurt him really.

Daisy was quite young during the summer and wouldn't take any milk or water - it was very stressful and I was very worried when it was extremely hot and she'd had only 2oz over 24 hours.. So my HV (who really is very good indeed) said not to stress and give her apple juice (the HIPP one). I was worried she would never drink water if I gave her the juice, but she now drinks about 5-10oz of water a day and never touches juice anymore...

If it smelt really bad, maybe he's been holding onto it for longer than you think?

Which milk does he have? Formula or BF? I know certain milks can make babies constipated. Infact, my HV said not to use anything but Aptimil because the rest of them would make LO constipated, so I did and we didn't have too much trouble with that - in fact, it was the other way - and I preferred that!

C xxxx

ps - Glad he got himself sorted - it's a relief for both of you isn't it?! xx
  • Options
    thanks Mrs Buttons - he is formula fed which i never wanted but i never got any milk (i thought this would be easy) but he always has had this problem. We have changed his milk and this is his 3rd change and is on aptimal whcih seems much btter than the other 2.

He had half an ounce today and it appeared to do the trick - i have been giving him an ounce of water every day which i though would help.

So i am going to stick with the oj half ounce once every other day i think and continue with water.

Now i need to sort out the constant nasal comjestion!

Thank you for all the advice x