Forum home› Babies› Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

laughing

i know hes only 6 days old. but i swear Jack was laughing in his sleep earlier
it was so funny i nearly wet myself laughing!

Replies

• Options
    ah bless, they make some funny noises don't they! my lo makes noises like a monkey!! and i swear he laughs too!! his dad was whinging about him the other day and lo just looked up at him and gave him the biggest smile, it was so funny, as if to say 'yeah but i'm so cute dad'!! Em & Noah :lol:
  • Options
    my mums OH said jack looks like a goblin and he just gave him a dirty look!
  • Options
    ahh bless him hes just so cute what is your mums oh on about?
  • Options
    Ellie smiles, I know they say it's wind and she's only 2 weeks old but its a bit odd that whenever I say 'hello beautiful' to her she gives me a grin! Sod the HV's and their text-books....MY 2 WEEK OLD DAUGHTER SMILES AT ME!!!!
  • Options
    I`m with you there claire my daughter whos 2 now definitely smiled at me when she was 3 weeks old, it was a huge smile that lit up her whole face and she kept doing after that too so the hv dont know it all, we know the difference between wind and a smile!!
  • Options
    My daughter smiles at me and shes 3 weeks old, i kept thinking its wind and everyone who says oh shes smiling at you i just said ah its wind! The HV came today and she said well i never its a real smile is that! Im so happy my little girl can smile at me, my boy didnt smile until he was 6 weeks and then hed only smile for his dad lol.
  • Options
    my lo smiled at me when he was 3.5 weeks old, you can tell coz their little eyes light up too, when its wind they don't. Jack is cooing and talking alot, i'm almost certain he said 'HI, yeah' to me earlier then gave a delighted giggly type noise. he always smiled when i tell him he is gorgeous, i've tried saying 'you're ugly' in the same one of voice and he doesn't smile. obviously i don't mean it, it was a test and i do think he is the most gorgeous baby on the planet!
  • Options
    I was thinking Jaynie - jack probably thinks its funny that hes grandad's girlfriend is called Dave.
  • Options
    my lo has been properly smiling since about 3 weeks, if he has wind there is no smiling he's usually fussing if he has wind! i get really big smiles now nad sometimes i swear he does actually laugh, he gives huge grins now and every now and again when he is in a smiley mood little noises come out that sound like laughing!! i'm probably imagining it but it sounds really cute anyway!! :lol:
  • Options
    Aaahh baby smiles are the best! My LO only really smiles for his daddy though image
  • Options
    i get the odd smile during the day but im with you katet my lo smiles loads for his dad esp when he first gets in from work!!!! how unfair is that!!!!
  • Options
    maybe they think they'll get presents if they smile for daddy.
    my son obviously knows his father is a bastard and not only did he not smile e didnt open his eyes the whole time the wanker was here!