Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

not sleeping

hi ladies, im at my wits end i got my lo sleeping for 6 hrs he done it for 3 nights joy, but now everytime i put him in moses basket he moans and wriggles about after an hour, when he is lying down stairs he is unconsious, im getting about 2 hrs sleep every night, he always seems to be full of wind even during day he is burping and farting up until next feed, ive been up since 3.30 this morning after getting to bed at 1.30, i could feel my temper really going and couldnt stop crying, if anyone has any ideas please help he is 5 weeks old cant sleep during day as have toddler who doesnt sleep. thanks

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear that sleep deprivation is awful. I agree with Jo Swadling him my be a good idea, as he is probably waking himself up flaying his arms and legs. Have you tried putting him down in his crib when he is sleepy but still awake so he learns to get to sleep on his own? Other than that I tried the following routine with my daughter from 6 weeks bath 6pm final feed 6.30pm in moses basket for 7pm. I would then wake her around 10.30 pm for another feed. Things did'nt work over night (it was very hard at first getting her used to going to bed on her own rather than in the lounge with us) but we stuck with it and by eight weeks she was sleeping through till 5/6 am. There is no miracle solution and all babys are different but this worked for me and a lot of my friends but give it a few weeks it won't happen overnight. Good luck xxx
  • Options
    When my little girl was six weeks old we had to move her into her cot as she was moving in her sleep and waking herself up when she hit the sides of the moses basket, she slept much better from the first night in her big cot. Swaddling may help but we couldn't try it as almost from birth she HATED being wrapped up. It sounds like the wind might be bothering him too, we gave our lo gripe water before her last feed and it made a big difference, I think it is suitable from 6 weeks so it might be worth a try. Good Luck Kerry
  • Options
    thanks for your replies, i think its pains im not sure have been using infacol but i think its making him worse it didnt help my daughter who had colic and screamed the house down til 1am but when she stopped she slept for 8 hrs, i was so spoilt with her, was thinking of trying him in big cot if it fits in my room, i keep telling myself it wont last forever though im not sure lol. the joys of being a mother makes you wonder why we do it and then want more lol.
  • Options
    We tried infacol before the gripe water and it was useless, made no difference at all. Try not to worry if you can't get the cot in with you, we couldn't so I just made sure that the baby monitor was right next to my pillow and turned up loud. First few nights were a bit nerve wracking but we have never looked back and now if we have to share a room away from home none of us get much sleep!!
    Hope things improve soon for you. Kerry