Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping Through!

Hi there

Poppy will be 11 weeks old tomorrow and for the last 6 nights has slept through the night!! We put her to bed at 8.00pm and wake her at around 11pm ish for a dream feed then she has been sleeping till 7.00 at the earliest!! I am so pleased with her!! When I go in her room in the morning to get her out of her cot she gives me the biggest smile possible and I just melt!!
We went to London on Saturday for the night and I was expecting her to wake up through the night as it was a strange house and bed etc but she still slept through!!
Fingers crossed it continues!

Replies

• Options
    Hi, well done Poppy aren't you a clever girl. My Grace has slept through a couple of times and she's 11 weeks on wed, but I know each night can be different. I'm just glad she knows what sleep is, my last daughter never slept through till she was 5yrs old.Al x
  • Options
    Sleeping thru..........wots that lol
    Well done Poppy!! Hope it keeps up for you hun - sleep is a rare commodity in most homes!
  • Options
    Well done Poppy!!! What a relief eh?

well... its prob too early to celebrate for me, but Emily has slept through for the last 3 nights, again like Poppy, sleeps from eight, wake her at 11 for a dream feed then sleeps till 7am. She is 8 weeks today! Hope it lasts....

Does Poppy sleep in the day at all?

Sarah x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm sure it could change at any time especially cos she's teething!
    Sarah - she doesn't sleep in the day very well, she just cat naps in her swing if we're at home or the car seat if we're out and about. She seems to have a half hour cat nap about 10am then again at about 5.00 pm but other than that it 5 or 10 mins here and there.
    When she gets a little older I'll try and put a nap time routine in place for during the day but we've spent the last 5 weeks sorting out a bedtime routine that at the moment I'm just thrilled we seem to have sussed it!!
    I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it carries on!
  • Options
    Oh well done poppy and lucky you! How I long for that day! Oakley is 24 days old and last night was awake from 1am-6.45am!!! Not good when I have a 4 and 8 year old girls to get out to school in the morning! I feel like I've been run over somedays! Thot baby 3 would be a doddle!!!

He seems to have days and nightd mixed up just now. Hoping that will change soon. He is fed on demand (bottle) as tried fixing 4 hourly feeds and that made him worse at night! so he has no set feeding times but usually wakes aboout 1.30 am and settle for 3.30 am but every other night he seems to just go wide awake. ANy hints!!!!
  • Options
    Poor little thing - Poppy is teething too, just the bottom ones though so not as bad as the canine ones!! Her wee cheeks are bright red and she's very grumpy in the day, I can feel that her gums aren't even like the top ones, they feel very rough and she chews my fingers like mad when I put them in her mouth! I really can't believe she is sleeping through - I honestly thought it wouldn't happen for ages!
    Patdow- Poppy was little madam when she was first born, she didn't sleep in the day at all and hardly slept in the nights too! I tried feeding on demand but sometimes she went 2 hours and sometimes 5 hours between feeds so I decided to wake her for feeds every 3 hours during the day and just leave it up to her at night. Is Oakley still in your room?? I found that Poppy slept much better (and longer!) when we put her in her room at night, I don't know why but she does!! She has bath, massage and bottle between 7 and half past and is in bed by 8.00pm, we did this from about 4 weeks (own room at 7 weeks though). We've always woken her for a dream feed about 11.30 ish. In the early days she was a witch to settle - like you it could take up to 2 hours to settle her and then low and behold it was feed time again!! I learned how to rock her crib with my right arm while still asleep!!
    I really hope he gets better for you soon as I know it's really hard without having more children to look after! so I feel so sorry for you!
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks donna - I put my girls in their own room at about 6-8 weeks too. I think I might try the dream feed thing so that he isnt too hungry thru the night
    xxx