Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is there anything we should do to encourage crawling?

Hi,

My LO is 20 weeks and can happily roll on to his front. Should I be doing anything to encourage him to crawl or does it just happen?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi there

Roslyn oould happily roll over at 20 weeks and it took her until exactly 8 months to start crawling properly (she was going backwards quite efficiently from 7.5 months). I spent a lot of time playing with her on the floor so she saw me crawing around.

The other thing that you could do if you don't already is take LO to soft play or somewhere where he gets exposure to slightly older babies. Roslyn actually came on massively when she started nursery one day a week and I think there was an element of seeing how the other babies do things that helped her get on the move.

To be honest though I think she just did it when she was ready.

HTH
    Sandra
  • Options
    Hi i think they just do it when they are ready.. my Lo shes 10 months now and she just did it one day about 4 weeks ago ! she hated being on her tummy and tyhat was what the HV always said would encourage her to crawl, she drives me insane now lol xxx