Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you use on nappy rash?

As the title says!

We have been using sudacrem but Max has a really bad patch at the mo and this doesn't seem to be shifting it!

Replies

• Options
    I have to say i hate sudocream, i've used it on my own skin when i've had a bad cold and got sore skin around my nose and i can tell you it really really stings.
    I tend to use plain old zinc and castor cream it works a treat
  • Options
    I use Bepanthen and find it's much better than Sudocrem. I use it more or less everytime I change her so it's a barrier!
    Good luck.
    xx
  • Options
    Can you give him some bare-botty time? At the moment I struggle cos my house is too cold during the day to leave Spencer naked for too long but during the summer I plan to have completely naked days!!
  • Options
    Hiya xxx i use bepanthen, its wonderful, sudocrem i found rubbish i hate it and get it everywhere! bepanthen rubs in much nicer and really works xxx
  • Options
    haha pixie-woo! love the idea of naked days! Is that just spencer or will the whole family join in?!!!
  • Options
    I never liked sudocrem, we use bepanthen too. Much nicer to rub in. x
  • Options
    I never liked sudocrem, we use bepanthen too. Much nicer to rub in. x
  • Options
    We used sudocrem at first but found it didnt reallt seem to work, moved onto Bepanthen which is excellent, we use it as a barrier nearly every nappy change, would defo recommend.
  • Options
    I use something called magic cream by Avent, I have thrown all other creams away casue they are useless compared to this stuff.
  • Options
    Sudacrem but I also have some metonium for if he ever gets bad nappy rash - I bought that on recommendation from a friend who works with severely disabled kids - she says its fantastic for bad nappy rash. apparently you can get it on prescription too.

Mind you - since we went back to cleaning with cotton wool rather than wipes most of the time we haven't had a problem
  • Options
    Amy used to suffer from really bad nappy rash & the only thing that worked for her was metanium. It was brilliant compared to the others though I find bepanthin good for mild nappy rash. I find sudacream useless though

Hilary x