Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teething relief

hi.
My daughter had a really horrible time teething, i would spend the whole night awake trying to give her some comfort.
I tried everything, bickie pegs, teething gel calpol ect..
nothing seemed to work. My mum suggested i dipped my finger in a bit of whiskey and rubbed it on her gums, i did and it worked a treat, 2 seconds after applying she was smiling away.
I know many people may find the thought of giving their baby alcohol wrong but i am talking about a drop on the finger rubbed on the gums. i also did this with my second baby and it worked well also.
hope this helps!!

Replies

• Options
    My son has had it all!

With the first teeth, Anbesol REALLY helps! - Its like a teething gel, but its NOT a gel, its a liquid...so it doesnt slide all over the gums, it stays! lol

My son also gets a bit 'sicky' when he is teething - So for this I found that Ashton&parsons (sp?) powders to work wonders! -Those are expensive though and hard to find sometimes (they are always out of stock at our local chemist!) so cooled chamomile or fennel tea would always work the same as well!

For the back teeth, there really isnt much you can do because god forbid you try and stick your finger in there to get any gel/anbesol on it! - You get it bit off! hehe...So for the back teeth, I really find that that is when teethers come in handy! - The Bonjela blue tooth shaped teether is the BEST I have found so far and we have a bucket full of teethers as well! hehe

We have rarely had to resort to medicines, maybe twice? -but usually it was because he ended up getting a cold along with a tooth and I gave him some to bring down the pain and fever!

Hope that helps!