Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Low

Hi

Feeling really low and fancied chatting to someone.
My LO is nearly 3 weeks old and seems to have colic.
My pregnancy was stressfull I was sick for the full 9 months, self employed and lost a good friend also our business partner to a bleed on the brain. The birth was not what I expected either - ended up having a c sect.
I am now not sure how I feel about anything - had really bad blues and HV told me to talk to my OH and mum but my mum worries if I tell her anything and my OH just says I am being silly everything is fine.
I am trying Colief but find making the bottles up correctly is a real pain - I have started making them up in advance even though they tell you not to, just don't know how else to tell a 3 wk old to hold on for 30 mins while the bottle is made!
Thinking of trying Cranial Osteopathy as LO has colic and is also an extremley restless sleeper, seems to startle herself and wakes suddenly or just crys out in her sleep, so I am not managing to nap when she does.

Any advise would be great!!:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I think you should speak to your dr about feling so low. You have had alot to deal with over the past year. I have afriend who suffered wit post natal depression but didnt admit it for along time. When she finallygot the help she needed she was feeling alot better in herself & finally able to enjoy her baby. She now says she wishes she had asked for help sooner.

Hilary
  • Options
    Hi

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice but I just wanted to offer my support and best wishes.
    Do speak to your GP, it may just make you feel better to discuss the situation with someone not involved.
    Tonight, give the baby to your other half, run a deep warm bath, put relaxing music on and just chill out in your own company for a bit.

I hope your little one feels better soon.
    Take care x
  • Options
    Don't think you're on your own!!! We've all had rough patches, especially in the early days. Just do whatever makes life easy, babe would rather a happy mummy than a perfect robot.
    With bottles I add boiling water to clean bottles and when he wants 1 I just warm 20 seconds in micro and add powder.
    Colic can be soul destroying so if colief not working maybe try an anti-colic milk (like omneo comfort from cow & gate).
    Every day you are closer to getting a full night sleep again and that makes a huge difference...... Hugs xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks - it helps just to chat to people in the same situation.
  • Options
    HI,
    I also had to heve a c section which I wasn't expecting and I think that takes alot out of you, I got quite low after having max cos got so tired and max was 10 Ib born so was feeding all the time it seemed to fill him up day and nite. I felt I had to do everything perfectley for him but no one can do that!! do your best and let people help you. M ax had bad colic and infacol really helped. I agree with the other mom hand the baby over and have a lovely bath and even a cheeky glass of wine!!
    lv sera
  • Options
    hi hun, i really feel 4 u... I am just returning to this site after having my baby boy 5 months ago. Although i am getting through the days i feel really sad most of the time. I often cry myself to sleep, i have no energy and the the thought of returning back to work terrifies me. I havnt told anybody how im feeling, its jus nice to know theres someone else who i can talk to hopefully x sally x
  • Options
    hi hun, sorry youre feeling low, its not surprising considereing everything youve been through in the last year, go and see your gp he may put you on medication or refer you to a counsellor, it might help just to talk to someone who is there to listen to you. Its really hard when you have a baby who cries alot, my second baby was a real cryer and i felt so useless and tearfull, i had pnd and was on medication for 10 months (although i felt better a few months after medication started) and i saw a counsellor, you will feel better with time an dremember you are not alone. take care x