Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is child tax credit back payed like child benefit?

hello everyone,

hope you are all ok and are not melting in this heat!!

we are not registering the birth of annabelle for a few more weeks so can not claim any money yet. i know we can claim all our child benefit back but will we also get all the weeks of child tax we have missed?

thanks if you can help. xxxx

Replies

• Options
    yes it does hun i got it backdated for 19 weeks x hth
  • Options
    thats great news thanks! : ) xx
  • Options
    i hope they backdate my child benefits as i sent in forms when my lo was born over 5month ago
  • Options
    child benefit is definately 3 months...tax credits i'm not too sure about...i'm guessing it's the same?? x
  • Options
    oh thats good cos i made my claim in february and he was born in jan so i should get full backdate
  • Options
    i hadnt put my bank details on as me and oh were setting up a joint account and i sent that back over 12weeks ago now! I rang up on monday complaining and they said it can take 12weeks to put bank details on a system, but as its over 12weeks theyve arranged to get Head office to call me within 3working days and that will be till thursday!
  • Options
    really? when i made a claim i had my money within 4 days! JJ was born in sept and i left it til dec to make a claim...i had about ??300 just before xmas paid into my account! x