Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Raving MAD - Rant Sorry (also in due Sept)

I sent away for the surestart maternity grant and was also awaiting to hear what child tax credits I would get. There's a bit on the form that says tick if you are awaiting to hear, which I did, then it has to be signed by the HV or midwife. I sent it on 7th December as my LO will be 3 months on Monday and I phoned today only to be told it's been rejected. Now I'm on the minimum it says you need to be getting as I got my letter in last week - ??1,095 and the reason it's been rejected is because I wasn't getting the tax credits at the time of applying as I was still waiting to hear what I had been awarded. Why is there a bit on it that says still waiting if they're not going to take that into consideration and reject every claim that comes in from people who are still waiting to hear!!

I've been told I need to fill in another form because even if I appealed the decision they would just say I wasn't on those benefits at the time. My HV has said if I take the form down tomorrow morning, she'll fill it in again, but it's not the point! I'm so mad as it wasn't as if I only sent the form a few days ago, it's been 3 weeks and that's them just getting round to dealing with it as they didn't have it last Thursday when I phoned! I didn't even know I'd be entitled to the grant until someone posted it on here and that's why I sent it off. If I'd known that was the reason it was going to be rejected, i'd have hung off and waited for them to confirm my tax credits, then sent it off instead of having to redo it all over again.

My wee boy is entitled to that money and because of their f*** up, he might not even get it! I'm going to get it signed and send it off recorded delivery tomorrow so they know what day it was sent and see what happens then.

Sorry girls, just needed a rant!

C xx