Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newborn BF baby keeps loosing weight...anyone had similar?

2»

Replies

• Options
    yah! he's gained 6oz according to HVs scales since last thursday...she was happy with that! she also said to carry on just with breast but express if needed and not as neccesary!...
    i'm off to get some sleep now....last few weeks are starting to catch up on me.
    fingers crossed he keeps gaining now!
    xxx
  • Options
    Really pleased to hear your son as gained weight and well done you for sticking with it all xx
  • Options
    aw glad its looking better for you xx
  • Options
    Hurrah! So glad he has started gaining. Onwards and upwards from here!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you, I hope you're feeling very proud of yourself and your baby boy. I'm really happy to read good news on your thread today, I didn't comment before as I couldn't add anything constructive, I mix fed from pretty early as my little preemie struggled to gain weight on breast alone. But I'm so pleased to hear you've cracked it, there'll be no stopping him now.
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies - i feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I know we still need to keep ploughin on to keep his weight up but so pleased its on the rise and I can stop with the nightmare feedin regime.

The MW said she was so worried when she left sat that i'd cave and give in, given how hard the 2 weeks since he was born had been and how exhausted I was. Thank god for my hubby, I actually had a right emotional breakdown at one point sobbin about how I felt so bad for women who didn't have a partner/husband to get help from as I couldn't have coped or done it without hubby onside.

Mummyjackson - thanks for your msg, really made me smile. I hope you are right, I'd hate to have come this far to have to take a step back again.
    xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Really glad to hear this! Ive been looking out for your post. I know we have our moments with our men, but definatly agree thank god for them and their support, could never have got through those early days without my wonderfulo hubs.

Keep going little 'un!

Em x