Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lactulose!!!

Well - Tommy kept spitting out the OJ so that didnt work and he was still in pain straining from being constipated this afternoon!

OH went to our local chemist (who is brill) and he got some lactulose! He said to give him 1 spoonful (2.5ml) now - which we have -then one at bedtime. He also said that if he hadnt pooed by the morning - to go to the local doc walk-in centre!

So - what do I expect????

I am expecting a mighty explosion but roughly how long does it take to work!

Have never ever used this stuff before so anything you can tell me would be fab!

Thanks,
Love Lee
xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    You may find that nothing happens until after he has his 2nd dose. I never remember Amy having a mighty explosion though when she had it but it did help soften things to clear her out xx
  • Options
    babe daisy been on latlose since she was12 weks old. you dont really get an explosion, well i dont. Ive taken lactulose myself after c section and loads of morphine/ and it just softens to make it easier to pass it doesnt give you the runs like a normal laxitive. It took 36 hours after daisy took it for the first time but she had been severly constipated. Poor tommy hope he is ok. I stopped daisy lactulose on tuesday as i thought she might be ok now but i have had 6 v hard little bits of pooh today so she obviously still needs it im going to put her back on it tomoro x
  • Options
    It just softens the poo but doesn't cause an explosion. Kara had it recently when she was constipated and was never like that. It seems to work though.
  • Options
    He has how had a poo!!!!!

It was just a bit softer like you all said and not the explosion I thought it might be!

Am just really glad my little honey hasn't got tummy ache anymore and isnt crying when he needs to poo!!